Paint gurus PLEASE help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint gurus PLEASE help!

k guys, i just got my car back from the shop yesterday after getting my raptor hood painted and installed.

well, today i was going to was it. i turned on the headlights (cause thats how i was it, w/ the headlights flipped up) Anyway, i turn the lights on, and there wasnt enough clearence for them to open up all the way, and the headlights SCRATHED MY F*CKING BRAND NEW HOOD!

http://groups.msn.com/Snuffysgroup/r...msnw?Page=Last

the picture raptorhood5 is the one where you can see the scratch. im soooo ****in pisssed. monday im takin it back and if they cant buff it out, then im having them repaint it for free, because they were the ones who installed it incorrectly.

so all you paint gurus, can you tell me if the whole the has to be repainted? it looks like the scratch went pretty deep.
    I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Take it back and make them fix it. The whole hood doesn't need to be painted. And take off that stoopid reese's peanut butter cups shirt! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

definitely take it back. considering how much you probably had to fork out, they should have to repaint it no questiosn asked. the same sort of thing happened with my gfx.

and by the way, youre a nibbler arent you? [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

i can tell.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i forker out the money for the hood and shipping, my mom paid for the paint (my xmas present from her)

total the paint was 380 big ones cause i had em blend it into the fenders. I have a 1 yr warrenty on it, and ill be taking it back monday afternoon.
        I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

The bodyshop will probably tell you that it is the hoods fault. Usually there is a lot of fitment issues that go wrong with aftermarket parts. So it's not entirely their fault. They probably did their best but didn't think to flip up the lights to see if it would have clearance. A lot of bodyshops will repaint it for you since there was a problem, but don't go in there telling them it was their fault and they have to paint it for you or else.

Comment

Yeah, run it back to the paintshop. DO NOT try to repair it yourself!! It may void the "make-shift" warranty they will try and talk you out of.

Oh, by the way, love that raptor hood [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Marc

[ February 02, 2004: Message edited by: hockeyman ]</p>
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X