Where could I get switches like those of Foglights and SGS?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where could I get switches like those of Foglights and SGS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where could I get switches like those of Foglights and SGS??

well Im runnin out of places to mount switches...I already made a custom plexi switch panel...put 1 switch in my ashtray and just now I had to put loose in my glove box cause I kinda have this thing about drilling into my dash...the switch is for my auto headlights so I can do normal operation or make it think its daylight...anyways the switch would have to have a center positive and 2 negativesI dont need a center of either...a switch kinda like the fogs....maybee just my local dealer?

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

probable pep boy autozone or even like walmart in the auto section. i know fog light switches are at nappa and autozone.
    <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/onoiocoko\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/onoiocoko</a> <br />\"there are three kinds of people - those who can count and those who can\'t\"

Comment

Im thinking your wanting the same switches so they will snap in the holder right,Well it would be easier to wire up the fog switch,The only place You can order the exact switch is through a dealer and they are around $20 a piece and I couldnt tell you the part # if my life depended on it. You could just repaint the switch and wire it to whatever
      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
        Im thinking your wanting the same switches so they will snap in the holder right,Well it would be easier to wire up the fog switch,The only place You can order the exact switch is through a dealer and they are around $20 a piece and I couldnt tell you the part # if my life depended on it. You could just repaint the switch and wire it to whatever<hr></blockquote>

yup thats what im talkin about...and I checked...33$ each!!..oh well

05' CTS-V

Comment

Damn, they went up.
          Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

you could get the blank replacements & use a 3 position pole switch, all you would have to do is drill the blank that you put in.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>the switch is for my auto headlights so I can do normal operation or make it think its daylight <hr></blockquote>

can you explain to me how you did this? i would like to know cause i want to do the same.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> anyways the switch would have to have a center positive and 2 negativesI dont need a center of either...a switch kinda like the fogs....maybee just my local dealer? <hr></blockquote>

do you use your sgs very often? because if you don't use it that often, you can just unplug that switch and wire it up to that one and either scratch of the sgs part of make up something for the sgs part that has to do with the headlights turning on when you want them to :D
              2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

I was thinkin of just using the sgs actually I was thinkin of using the fogs..cause if my mights are off my fogs are gonna be off...but then I thought that I like to cruise into parking lots with just the fogs on at night sometimes...and Ill post a schemeatic in the appearance section of how I wired my switch

05' CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X