For those 3.8 guys that have done color wire looms - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those 3.8 guys that have done color wire looms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SunsetOrange98Camaro:
    DeathBuzzz, how did you paint the bowtie on the underhood cover?? I did mine the other day but it didnt turn out like I wanted. I had planned on taking the whole hood off, taping off the bowtie then spray painting it but no one was around to help me take the hood off. Then I was going to do the same thing with the hood on the car and just covering everything up. Well that was taking too long. I ended up just using a small paint brush and doing it that way. Is that how you did yours??<hr></blockquote>

First off, you should take off the dampener. It is attached with those little black plastic thingys ( technical term ). They pull right off and if you break one any hardware store sells them for like 50 cents.

I tried spray painting it, but the paint just soaked into the fiber of the thing. I bought some model paint and it didnt come out too great, so I went and got some CHEAP craft paint. Its just really thick yellow paint. I did a couple layers and it came out. I taped off the bow tie and went at it. Mine still isnt perfect, I need to touch up the left side, but I havent gotten more paint yet.

~Brian
    NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

Cool, thanks!! I will have to try that when I touch up mine.
      <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X