water spots ohh my!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water spots ohh my!!

Ok now i have a problem. i noticed water spots all over my car.. so i washed with zaino wash. clayed with zaino..dried and then applied zaino 5 and they are still there!! all over my paint. they look sooo bad from up close. what can i use to remove them. they are also all over the windows which i used windex on with no results. is there any anti-water drop product out there that is clear coat safe? any help would be greatly appriciated
    1996 White Camaro 3.8<p>y87 package, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro wires, Rapidfire plugs, blackouts, one kick *** stereo

Try puttin vinegar in your wash water.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

If you have Zaino over the spots now you have to remove the Zaino to get to the spots. In the same way that Zaino is protecting your paint, the Zaino is also protecting the water spots, so try some rubbing alcohol to remove the Zaino, or do a wash with Dawn liquid detergent... Then try the vinegar wash, or use the clay bar after the zaino is removed. Goodluck! You have a white car, imagine water spots on a black car!
      ~Jennifer~<p>« Black 2002 WS6 » <br />¤ Flowmaster 80 <br />¤ Painted Calipers | Black / Silver Decals<br />¤ 5% Tint | All Around<br />¤ Zaino | =)

Comment

you need a cleaner....I know on my dads boat he used this stuff that striped everything, but thats a gel-coat, not our thin clear-coats...you need something to start over....

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Do you dry your windows after washing? I used to just let the water dry and use windex later. That left the spots that wouldnt come off. Then 1 time I dryed the windows after washing and they all went away.
          2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

ya dude dry your car all the time....rain is diff, its pure, hose water has stuff chemicals and other crap in it...if anything just dry it off at about 80mph should get most of the spots off...

05' CTS-V

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
              Try puttin vinegar in your wash water.<hr></blockquote>

your supposed to wipe off the spots with vinegar then wash your car....i never run into the problem cuz I use to work at a dealer and I have tons of water spot remover :D
              2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Rain water - pure?

HAH.

Rain water is not only incredibly dirty but it also has a plethora of pollutants in it. This depends on your location of course, but in general I'd much rather have tap water spraying over my car than rain water!
                2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

I think he ment rain water doesn't have all of the added chemicals. Rain water is dirty and has pollution in it but I would assume not as many chemicals. Just my guess though
                  1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RaVeN1469:
                    I think he ment rain water doesn't have all of the added chemicals. Rain water is dirty and has pollution in it but I would assume not as many chemicals. Just my guess though<hr></blockquote>

ya thats what I meant, tap water needs extra chemicals to stay drinkable and other happy horse ****, :rolleyes: but you ever noticed that when it rains and you dont dry your car off your car doesnt spot?? I dunno I live in Florida it might be different where you live

05' CTS-V

Comment

Water spots are a huge problem for me too. I cannot figure out what the problem is with my paint. If a couple drips of water get onto the car and I don't know about it to wipe it off, the next day I'll be sure to have water spots in that area. The hood, roof and hatch area of my car have gone terrible. I've tried stripping all the wax off and giving it a vinegar bath already, not to mention different water spot removers...nothing will work. I called a car cleaning shop in my area and they suggested that they do a "liquid sanding", where they use some type of chemicals that makes it like a really high grit sandpaper, and then use more chemicals to bring back the color in the paint afterwards... They wanted $250 to do it, and I didn't that that sounded very reasonable so I never tried doing this..

Good luck.
                      1994 3.4L M5 Bright Red Camaro <p>NGK G-Power<br />Accel 8.8mm<br />Hooker Aero Chamber Exhaust<br />GM 160a Alternator<br />Phoenix Gold Deep Cycle Battery<br />Clarion DRX6575z<br />US Acoustics 2100<br />ESX Quantum 2751<br />Infinity Reference 6.5\" Comp Set w/ Modified Xovers<br />(2) MTX 5000 15\"<br />Wiring by Arc Audio

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                        Exploding starters
                        by Kubes
                        Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                        i bought this car a couple...
                        1 week ago
                      • 2.8 Bird
                        Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Found some led reverse bulbs
                        by ssms5411
                        My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • Fruitgrower231
                        Having some electrical issues
                        by Fruitgrower231
                        95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X