Bright White DRLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright White DRLs

Does anyone know a place online where I can find a good set of REALLY bright light bulbs for my front turn signals? I know the size is either 3057 or 3157(who knows for sure?) I love the look of the DRLs and everytime I see them on another f-body or vette when they are really bright, just makes me wish mine were that bright, I think the silver reflective stuff in the holders are starting to dual away a little and I wanna find some real bright Yellow or White lights. Thanks.
    Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Well unless you have clear corners, your DRLs will still be amber, not white, no matter what bulb you buy. The bulb should be a 3057, but 3057, 3157, 3357 are all the same bulb. Check eBay for bright versions of these bulbs, and like I said, don't get anything other than an amber bulb if you don't have clear corners.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebrd9783:
      Does anyone know a place online where I can find a good set of REALLY bright light bulbs for my front turn signals? I know the size is either 3057 or 3157(who knows for sure?) I love the look of the DRLs and everytime I see them on another f-body or vette when they are really bright, just makes me wish mine were that bright, I think the silver reflective stuff in the holders are starting to dual away a little and I wanna find some real bright Yellow or White lights. Thanks.<hr></blockquote>

You hafta follow a certin kit if you want to have DRLs. The ones I'm gonna put on consist of 2 relays, and a circut board. Gotta have that small knack for electronics
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BlitzPuppet:

You hafta follow a certin kit if you want to have DRLs. The ones I'm gonna put on consist of 2 relays, and a circut board. Gotta have that small knack for electronics
        <hr></blockquote>

He already has them he just wants brighter lights [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
          Well unless you have clear corners, your DRLs will still be amber, not white, no matter what bulb you buy. The bulb should be a 3057, but 3057, 3157, 3357 are all the same bulb. Check eBay for bright versions of these bulbs, and like I said, don't get anything other than an amber bulb if you don't have clear corners.<hr></blockquote>

I know they will still be amber, I just want a brighter bulb. And it does matter what color you put in their, I got some real right bulbs from Autozone yesterday the they only had in red, so I got them and installed them and they showed up red in the turnsigls, pretty cool looking, but illegal to have red in the front so im taking them back.
          Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

I found PIAA makes the best bulb, thats what I got in there now, and you gotta be careful when buying bulbs Ive had some cheap ones melt the paint coating and some of the plastic socket the bulkb was in...Im pretty sure PIAA has colored glass and they dont get as hot....I havent had any problems with heat or discoloring since ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
              Exploding starters
              by Kubes
              Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
              i bought this car a couple...
              1 week ago
            • 2.8 Bird
              Thinking about going back to 180 stat
              by 2.8 Bird
              It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Found some led reverse bulbs
              by ssms5411
              My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
              2 weeks ago
            • Fruitgrower231
              Having some electrical issues
              by Fruitgrower231
              95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X