No announcement yet.

Anyone have HID look headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did have HID imitation bulbs for my highs and lows, but with my system i had to put my stock bulbs back in for the low beams because they had too big of a draw on my elec system.
    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

Silverstars sells sealed beam lamps too, though I dont know if they sell them for FireBirds. Bulbs that are used to create the HID effect usually don't illuminate the roads very well, goes from like 1000 lumens to 800 lumens or somthing, because of the coating on the bulb to cancel out certain colors of light. Also when you look at the ground it has a soft glow and looks like a flourescent light shining on it.
      So far the brightest and whitest, without being blue whatsoever, is the Silverstars that I've got. There is a difference in color but not very drastic of a change.
      But the bulbs that I like most that resembles HIDs with a blue-ish tint are from Nokya, they don't run hot. I tried the ones I got from Honda (used to work there) for $20 and those burn very HOT. Forgot the name, but "Toucan" was part of it's name and you can find these at NOPI as well, in an import mag.
      AutoOptik bulbs sucks donkey balls. I had the 80watt 9006 low beams(the highest wattage I've used) and months later it starts to balloon up and looks like it was melting a bit. It screwed up my connector and part of the wire too. It was fried up and the plastic flaked off!!!
      My friend bought a set too for his 96 Accord and the thing ballooned up immediately. He tried returning them but had problems. So he gave up.
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Originally posted by 5_spd_pewter_v6:
        actually, the sylvania silverstar bulbs don't work for firebirds. firebirds still have sealed beams in them, but camaros don't. so you either have to do a sealed beam conversion so that you can put regular bulbs in them, then try to splice in camaro connectors to hook up 9005 and 9006 bulbs, or convert to real HID.
        You can get sealed beam Silverstars for Firebirds now - but at $20 a pop they're NOT cheap. :(
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd</a> <br />Red 1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L A4 w/ Y87

Comment

What ever you do don't buy Wagner lazer blue.
          They still look lazer yello! no return on open box :(
          Black 2000 Y87 Camaro with T-tops ,SLP bowtie grill, Suncoast Creations Ram air hood and air box,Hypertech pp3,magnaflow cat back,and hi flow cat. <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09</a>

Comment

For camaro's it easy to use the same housing that you have, remove the bulbs and replace it with one of your choice. You can keep buying the whole thing if you want, but I've done it three times and it only takes about a half hour (most of that is time waiting for whatever sealant you use to dry). That way regardless of the make, as long as its a 9005 or 9006 you can put it in. It was about a year ago that the conversion was put on the site, if you need me to I can find it.
            -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X