Fully custom painted interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully custom painted interior

Check out my webpage for pics of my whole interior I just had painted tell me what you think. Its on the third page just so you dont waste your time. For the heads up I got the idea off of that guy with the Yellow Shaved and Bagged Firebird. Im sure you guys know what car I'm talking about. Tell me if you think it was tastfully done or if its tacky. Everyone around here that sees it likes it but I want a true F-body owner to judge. Just to let you know it's not done yet so expect more to come.Custom Painted Interior
    2000 Navy Blue Firebird with Full Trans Am WS6 body conversion!!!

looks good with your vinyls!

Comment

not a fan of the stickers on the side, but they arent ugly. You have a very nice looking car.

how did you get it to look "smooth" on the interiorpainting? Did you just sand? Cuz my dash coponents are all rough....

Comment

looks good. i like how you pulled the white into your car. not smething i would have done unless i saw it before hand
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

ya how did u get it so smooth. im going to be repainting mine. what was the steps that you used?
          \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

Here's the deal with the interior. A buddy of mine works at a Ford Dealership in town so he knows how to paint cars. I have had him paint some of my exterior parts before and I thought about giving him a challange. Basically what he did (not me I have tried to use a paint gun before and put a lot of runs in the clear) was sanded as much of the texture out of the parts as he could. He then sprayed a plastic adheshion promoter and a thick coat of primer on. However the texture still is there you have to sand it again and again to really get this unnoticable. Once thats done you have to primer it again once more maybe twice depending on how much texture is still left. Once you have the pieces primered all you have to do is base them with whatever color you wanted and then clear them. I chose my stock exterior color NBM. I think the brand of paint he used was Sherwain Williams, might have been PPG. Ofcourse you have to wetsand and buff the pieces because you will have particles of dust or dirt in them but they do come out looking perfect dispite this. I WOULD NOT EVER SPARY PAINT MY INTERIOR!!! Now thats what I call tacky, anyone can go to walmart and buy a can of spray paint and clear and go paint their parts but when it matches the outside of your car, thats show quality right there. As for the side stripes they are the 35th anniversary stripes that came on the Yellow T/A's. I dont know but I liked them thought they brought out the car more, I couldn't stand the car being so plain. If anyone tries to presuade you into just painting your interior with a can don't listen to them. You might be satisfied with it for a while but it wont hold up as long as when you have your pieces painted, cleared and baked in a bake booth at a dealership.

Comment

if you really want it smooth just fiberglass your whole interior
              1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

wow...you really painted everything...dunno if I like it, at first I did, now I have second thoughs.....the blue pieces look great, the white....I dunno I think it might be too much, but the cleanliness of it makes up for everything...all in all I think it looks pretty good

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                05' CTS-V
                00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

That's right you could go with fiberglassing it but if you have no expertice in that field better not try that on your interior. Also its not cheap by no means. I tried to get a price on getting a fiberglass sound system made at a local car audio shop and they wanted close to a grand. Just to make it that's not even painting it. My buddy does stuff fairly cheap so that was my best route. I have people asking me though all the time this very same question. "Is your interior fiberglass or did you have this custom molded" well that just shows you how good of a job he did on my parts. However dont expect to be able to go up to a body shop and say hey can you paint this for me cuz I tried that and they just laughed. If it wasn't for my friend the only places that would do such work around here is a custom body shop. Which again I reiterate MONEY!! Its going to cost you a pretty penny for this to get done anywhere unless you know someone. I would say how much he did my interior for but Im not a liberty to say. I can tell you this it was under $800 total.

Comment

thats too much white for me...
                    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Originally posted by TransAm2000Poser:
                      I would say how much he did my interior for but Im not a liberty to say. I can tell you this it was under $800 total.
                      ...800 bucks!!! That's not your friend, that's just some dude who paints for a livin'. I don't care if my friend "made" me a Z06 with his bare hands, I'm not paying my "friend" 800 for nothing.

PS. Looks sweet as hell though....800 bucks?
                      -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

I dont think that the white matches the rest of your car, the white seems like its out of place, and also 800 seems a little high, was he your friend or just someone you knew? but aside from that I think your car is awesome.

Comment

show car quality, yeah in the paint.

but what are people gonna think at a car show when they see a trans Am WS-6, with a V6 under the hood?

no offense [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

hey transam2000poser what kind of rotors and pads u got . i am thinkin of upgrading my crappy stock rotors to slotted maybe crossed drilled too. how u like em ?
                            2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Comment

i like the look of it, but honestly, go to a blank filler panel, (so it does not say trans am) and ditch the Ws6 decal, and side trans am badges.

Very nice car, and if i saw it in a show, i woudl like it, but its not different putting WS6 and Trans Am badges on a V6 as it is to put Type R on a civic...

Nothing to be ashamed of your car, it looks sweet, just when you go around making people think it something else... rice.

Ryan &lt;-- might be a little biased
                              1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X