Painted my Valve Covers and Intake. Take a look at the Pics! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted my Valve Covers and Intake. Take a look at the Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted my Valve Covers and Intake. Take a look at the Pics!

Well, a few months ago, I pulled my engine to replace the rear main and put in a new clutch. Since it was out, I figured I'd replace the leaky valve cover gaskets. Since I had those off, I figured what the hell, why not paint them. After I painted them, I decided I wanted to paint the intake also. So I've been on a painting marathon for a while now. I'm also working on polishing the throttle body, and the alternator. Here are some pics of what I've got done so far.

There ia also one of my headers that came yesterday [img]smile.gif[/img] I can't wait to get everything put back together.

There is paper between the 2 intakes, just cuz I set them on top of each other for effect, and I didn't want to scratch up the gasket surfaces.

The paint I used is the same thing I've used on my Calipers, which can be seen in this thread (Click Me) I think it matches my paint pretty nice.

I think when I put it all back together, I'm going to redo my wire loom in black again. I had started doing it in red, before I started this project.

Well, here are the pics:

Click Me!

[ May 10, 2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Distephano ]
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Looks f@#$%#@ awesome man. You said you used the same paint that you did on your calipers, did you just use caliper paint for those. I'm pulling my engine this fall, and don't know if I can put it back without painting now.

Comment

Don't forget pics after it's all put back together. :cool:

Comment

Oh yeah. I forgot [img]smile.gif[/img] The paint I used on my Calipers is this: Paint Website

I really really like that stuff. The only thing is, the finished product seems to be a *Bit* delicate. I'd recommend putting a coat of High Temp Clear Coat over the finished product. I did this to the valve covers and intake, and was pretty happy with it. I think I might redo the calipers and clear them this time, just for better durability, although they are holding up nicely.
        1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Distephano:
          Oh yeah. I forgot [img]smile.gif[/img] The paint I used on my Calipers is this: Paint Website

I really really like that stuff. The only thing is, the finished product seems to be a *Bit* delicate. I'd recommend putting a coat of High Temp Clear Coat over the finished product.
          Did you experience any problems with the high temp coat over a non-high temp paint? I ran into a little problem myslef when I painted my interior parts, long story but I used the same base from when I painted my H20 pump as one of he interior pieces because I ran all out, but I ended up having to do that piece all over agin. Sucks to be me I guess.... :-(
          -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

The colored paint is High temp. Its good to 500*

Comment

Re: Painted my Valve Covers and Intake. Take a look at the Pics!

i know this thread is long dead and he doesnt post anymore but i would like to see pics of this in the car
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Holy dead *** thread

:bs:
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

yep....
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
                    yep....
                    They die for a reason
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Wow guys. This must be my first post here in 2 years or somethin.
                      I forgot all about this thread.
                      Maybe I'll try to snap a few pics of the engine when I put the car away for winter in a few weeks, right now the engine is way dirty.

But overall, the paint as held up really well, its just kinda dusty.

Glad to see this board is still kickin!

Comment

good o'l email verification :)

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111
                          good o'l email verification :)
                          thats why i did it. can u just get me some of it dirty too ? just want an idea i just painted my valve covers same color and an contemplating the intake.
                          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                          1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            3 hours ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X