black vs.body-color-matched B-pillars on camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

black vs.body-color-matched B-pillars on camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black vs.body-color-matched B-pillars on camaro

Was this a factory option? Why are some 4th gen B-pillars black, regardless of paint color? And on others the B-pillars match the rest of the body?
    ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

For the first few years every Z28 got the black pillar with the ttops. Near about 1995 buyers could specify a body color top if they wanted to. It was a no cost option called monochromatic. Many people have told me all v6 cars had body colored hoops, though ive done a little searching at cardomain.com and i found quite a few cars (mostly 97 v6s) with black hoops. Mirrors are always painted the same color as the pillar.

I believe RS Cars (96-97) came with the option of having black painted tops.

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Actually that's incorrect. My 97 Non-RS Non-Z28 Non-SS (aka Base model) came with a black B-pillar, black mirrors, and black door locks/handles.
      \'97 Camaro: GN Turbo w/intercooler, 3.42s w/ Auburn HD posi, Bulletproof 4L60E-HD, stage II shift kit, Vette servo, MSD Ign, K&N, Ported TB/MAF, 3\" FlowMaster, 160* thermo, HPTuners v1.6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Big Bad James:
        Actually that's incorrect. My 97 Non-RS Non-Z28 Non-SS (aka Base model) came with a black B-pillar, black mirrors, and black door locks/handles.<hr></blockquote>

which of these is on your sticker?

D83 PAINT = MONOTONE

D84 PAINT = CUSTOM TWO-TONE

also, im just curious is yours a Y87?

Any other Y87 (w/ttop) owners have black hoops? Any other v6 owners in general have black hoops?

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X