95 camaro dash mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 camaro dash mod

This was really easy to do. I always had trouble with stuff flying out of that little compartment behind the shifter.... not that I ever accelerate fast or anything. [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyhow I got some plexi glass and a small magnet. Cut the plexi to size, placed the magnet at the top center of the plexi, apoxied the magnet to the plexi. Placed a magnetic strip of metal at the top of the compartment, again apoxied into place, I placed it back about 1/4 of an inch so you cannot see it. I then put my favorite emblem on the plexi, ordered it from E dacals.com. Then above the compartment I mounted a blue neon bar, so the emblem glows at night, very very sweet looking at night. Now I can put stuff in there without it flying out, and it looks nice too. [img]smile.gif[/img] E mail me if you want more info, qjinx@yahoo.com, images below:
    Camaro Dash Mod

-JinX

Hey, that looks pretty bad *** . Could you email me the demensions and the instructions for wiring up the neon bar? rmsanta@yahoo.com thanks
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

looks great, good idea

Comment

I need to make a big one of those for my hatch, Everything always flys out of there.
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

What part of your hatch are you talking about?? If you man the trunk there should already be a slanted cover that goes over it. ??

-JinX

Comment

Jinx i was checking out your website and most of the stuff doesn't work on there, could I see the accents you did in your engine bay?

Comment

Oops, I forgot the link was still in my profile. I deleted the images a while ago because of bandwith problems, and hot linking. If you would like to see the images I can E mail them to you if you like. Or if you use yahoo my screen is qjinx and I can file transfer them to you. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

-JinX

Comment

Could ya email them to me please? MY email is on the bottom of my sig. Thanks a lot

Comment

Looks good. I did something like that too...
                  In the picture of it at night, it looks like a lot of light bleeds through, but it actually has very little coming through the cracks.

[ August 18, 2002: Message edited by: SplitFire414 ]</p>
                  1995 3.4

Comment

SplitFire414:

How did you keep the plastic stuck in there?

I did this with my car, but it doesn't look nearly as good as your guys'. I glued hooks onto the back of the plastic. Then I wrapped rubber bands around the screw in the back of the compartment. Then stretch the rubber bands out and attach it to the hooks glued to the back of the plastic, then let go, and it all snaps into place.

I thought I was so slick, but the rubber bands dry out and break every few months. The magnet JinX used looks like a good idea, I'm just wondering how you keep yours stuck in there.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

Mine just stays in by itself. I cut the acrylic glass as close to the exact size of the opening as I could. So, I don't have anything holdning mine in. It's just kind of wedged, but can easily be taken out.
                      1995 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X