Converting 2k2 SS Wheels to 35th Anniversary Wheels - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting 2k2 SS Wheels to 35th Anniversary Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting 2k2 SS Wheels to 35th Anniversary Wheels

As the topic suggests, how difficult would it be to get a set of the silver painted SS wheels and make them look like the 35th anniversary wheels? Would this be an easy mod to do myself? Thanks.
    2002 M5 Camaro 3800<br />1LE Sway Bars<br />Hurst Billet Plus Shifter<br />3.23\'s<br />Ghetto Whisper Lid Mod<br />Ghetto Ram Air Mod<br />Taylor Wires<br />Holly Powershot Filter

C'mon people!!! Throw me a freakin bone here.
    :rolleyes:
    2002 M5 Camaro 3800<br />1LE Sway Bars<br />Hurst Billet Plus Shifter<br />3.23\'s<br />Ghetto Whisper Lid Mod<br />Ghetto Ram Air Mod<br />Taylor Wires<br />Holly Powershot Filter

Comment

Well for one the 35th wheels have a kinda machined finish where as the stockers are either chrome or silver painted.

The easiest way to do it is to bring the wheels to a wheel repair shop and have them refinish them but for that price it would probally be cheaper to buy the original 35th wheels.

But I guess you could always get somewhat of the look buy just taping them off and spraying them with some black paint.

BTW here are the prices from an LS1.com sponsor:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>"Hi DJ... here are the prices per wheel. If you want to order give me a call!

88892486 - Wheel - 269.80 each
      9594408 - Center Cap - 14.80 each
      9595120 - Lug Nut Cover - 6.80 each

Thanks for your interest..
      Gene"<hr></blockquote>

Gerry
      <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

That's the price of one brand new 17" Anniversary edition wheel? If so that is a good deal.

Comment

Yeah thats the price that sponsor posted. His name is "Gene@fredbeans" or something like that.

Gerry
          <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Beastly TA:
            Yeah thats the price that sponsor posted. His name is "Gene@fredbeans" or something like that.

Gerry
            <hr></blockquote>

Thats the Fred Beans Pontiac dealership in Limerick PA near where I used to live. Those guys are very nice!

-Michelle
            2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

Yeah what she said.

Gerry

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X