Which color to paint my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which color to paint my car?

I have a Black Camaro and since it got keyed up it needs to be painted. What color do you think I should paint it?
    Keep the car black.
    100.00%
    Change the color to Corvette Yellow
    0.00%
    2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

i vote the yellow, but dont use vette yellow, go with race yellow or Viper yellow,

check out my site if you want to see what Viper yellow looks like on a blck camaro

BTW the stripes on my car is the factory black paint
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I say keep it black. it goes better with the wheels in my opinion.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I would go wtih black plus if you paint it yellow it may be so flashy some one may get jealous again and key it just my 2 cents
        1998 Navy Blue A4 Camaro (Sold)<br />MODS: Performance<br />Whisper airlid,K&N Filter, TSP Rumbler & Carsond cat.<br />Apperance:Xenon Airdam and clearcorners. <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98</a><br />2002 Dodge Ram Sport Silver 4.7 v8 stock.

Comment

keep it black
          - \"So you have something to look at when you\'re talking to \'em\" - <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916</a>

Comment

i voted yellow but i never looked at ur car pic. i say keep it black because it looks really good with ur rims and also black our ur lights [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I vote black also. It just gives the car a mean, aggressive aura. Personally, I think yellow is borderline ricey, it's just too gaudy on our cars
              **remember, that's just my opinion*
              AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

Originally posted by AlienInv8r:
                I vote black also. It just gives the car a mean, aggressive aura. Personally, I think yellow is borderline ricey, it's just too gaudy on our cars
                **remember, that's just my opinion*
                ok im [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] right now so don't take this the wrong way

but were do you live so i can kick you in this nuts?

does this look ricy to you ?

umm im not think so or i would have done shot my self [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

*****UPDATE******

since that pic i got turn singal,taillight, and head light black outs, look 10x better in the front beging all the same color and all shiny
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

I voted yellow, but when I saw pics of you car, you should definetly leave it black. Nice and clean.

Comment

saying you don't like my car?
                      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                        ok im [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] right now so don't take this the wrong way

but were do you live so i can kick you in this nuts?

does this look ricy to you ?
                        It's not ricey, I tried to be careful with how I worded b/c I did not want to offend any people that are fans of yellow. I just think yellow is one of those gray area colors, either you love it, or you dont. Some people are big fans of yellow, and more power to ya. But there are a lot that aren't either; it's just not my color, that's all. I think it's because yellow is such a bright color that it can be easily overdone if you're not careful. I'm also a big fan of black, so that's why I'm rooting that way also.
                        Silver and black are my favorite colors which is why I'm mixing them on my car this summer - Gunmetal Gray. But to each his own, yellow just isn't a color I'm crazy about, no offense meant.
                        AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

lol
                          talk about gray half the color's i see are gray (im color blind) at night i can not tell diff bettween green red and white, so how do i know how to stop ??? it' difficult to explane,

i do know what you mean by yellow can be over done, that y the mirrors and stripes or black and the front grill area

i spent hours in photo shop getting it just right

those pics are not that birght dont show the true color, yellow it the only color i see 100 pure, so i know if it is a good yellow [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Yeah, I do like the black stripes and all. I wanna get stripes on my car at some point, the cool 35th anny ones. Seeing as how yellow is your only true color, I think it's awesome you got yellow. Makes a lot of sense to me then.
                            I'm not getting straight up gray on mine though; I'm going for like a spiral gray on vettes or the seal gray from porsches, then I want a thin black clear coat so it turns black under certain light (not color changing, but with bright light it gives a black glare). Kinda hard to explain, but I've seen it on a few cars and it's awesome.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              4 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X