Chrome vs. Polished Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome vs. Polished Rims

hey guys- im trying to decide whether to go w/ chrome or polished rims & wanted to get some opinions- the price for polished is a lot lower which helps a lot, just wondering if they look as good (by the way, im leaning towards Eagle 077's) thanks! :cool:
    black 2000 camaro v6<br />GTS blackouts, 20% tint all around, clear corners, Panasonic Head Unit, Whisper lid & Whisper ram air, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, 3\" Edelbrock Catback, Mac SFC\'s, Milhouse box from Subthump w/ 12\' Kicker SL7<p>LIFBA Member #044 <br /><a href=\"http://www.lifba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.lifba.com</a>

it really depends on the quality of the polishing.. if they look similar, go polished!
    A4 :( ws6 hood, magnaflow cat-back, Pewter ppg paint, red calipers w/ decals, t-tops, chrome wheels, cutout, bald rear right tire (3.42 w/o lsd)

Comment

go for polished...cheaper, lighter, easier to care for. here's some pics of mine. :D

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

24k Bird- ive seen pics of your car before and i gotta say, thats one incredible looking machine there! when i saw those pics a while ago in another post i was wondering if they were chrome or polished- now that i know, i think i figured out where its at, thanks bro!
        black 2000 camaro v6<br />GTS blackouts, 20% tint all around, clear corners, Panasonic Head Unit, Whisper lid & Whisper ram air, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, 3\" Edelbrock Catback, Mac SFC\'s, Milhouse box from Subthump w/ 12\' Kicker SL7<p>LIFBA Member #044 <br /><a href=\"http://www.lifba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.lifba.com</a>

Comment

Go for polished man... I can't take it no more ahhhh. I have my 077s sitting downstairs waiting to be put on my car i just gotta wait for stupid tire rack to send me tires. I can practically see the warehouse from my house and i gotta pay $40 for them to ship it further to fedex then wait 2 more days for them to bring it back cuz the cocksuckers won't let me pick them up. And you guys aren't helping by showing me pics of your cars with 077s on it. GRRRRRRRRRR im sitting here biting down my finger nails like im a madman. :D

Comment

damn ted, thats a bunch of horse**** good luck w/ the eagles, im about 100% decided on the polished now just need tires- which did u get?

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: Bad2000v6 ]</p>

Comment

I would go with polished also. They are pretty easy to take care of if you do it on a regular basis. Zaino works great on rims too [img]smile.gif[/img]
              ~Jennifer~<p>« Black 2002 WS6 » <br />¤ Flowmaster 80 <br />¤ Painted Calipers | Black / Silver Decals<br />¤ 5% Tint | All Around<br />¤ Zaino | =)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
                Go for polished man... I can't take it no more ahhhh. I have my 077s sitting downstairs waiting to be put on my car i just gotta wait for stupid tire rack to send me tires. I can practically see the warehouse from my house and i gotta pay $40 for them to ship it further to fedex then wait 2 more days for them to bring it back cuz the cocksuckers won't let me pick them up. And you guys aren't helping by showing me pics of your cars with 077s on it. GRRRRRRRRRR im sitting here biting down my finger nails like im a madman. :D <hr></blockquote>

Heheheh, calm down Ted! :cool:

Those are the rims I hooked you up with right?

If anyone wants ANY kind of Eagle brand wheels (especially the 077's), you can contact me at ibjanky@yahoo.com and I'll can hook you up with the LOWEST price anywhere.

Isnt that right Ted?
                E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

first i was looking at the sumitomo htr z IIs i was about to order them (235/45WR17) when i noticed some htr +s in 245 size for the same exact price plus they have better traction, better tread wear, better handling and got a better overall raiting by more then a half a point. So I got the Sumitomo HTR + for 108 a peice. They had the best rating for the best price you can't go wrong here. Locally down here they have the worst tires with the biggest price tags i ever seen. Hopefully they'll come tomorrow they were shipped out today. It can't take more then a day to get them to my house 1 minute away can it? LOL

Oh yea, since i just quit my job because of college again I can't get my ceramic brakes so im stucking with like these brakes which create the worst dust you ever seen. I don't have to much money to spend on zaino, whats another good product for polishing the rims? I have this polish but im afraid it takes too much of the coat off, i don't want to wear them down.

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bad2000v6:
                    hey guys- im trying to decide whether to go w/ chrome or polished rims & wanted to get some opinions- the price for polished is a lot lower which helps a lot, just wondering if they look as good (by the way, im leaning towards Eagle 077's) thanks! :cool: <hr></blockquote>

I bought the polished and can't tell a bit of diff on a chrome. True on some wheels you can kinda tell but the 077 have a beautiful shine. Look great with clears side markers on a blue car!

And for what its worth IBJanky does have the lowest. I got a tire and wheel package deal is the only way I was able to go cheaper. You just can't beat that $550 even on companies sale prices.....trust me I looked and almost bought from him. Had I not gotten that deal I would have given the man a email!
                    [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Get the polished and save a few bucks.

Gerry
                      <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

Polished is the way to go. I polish wheels for a living. You can use the Mother metal polish. If you really want them to shine get a dremmel and use there polish kit. I did TealV6 wheels and you can't tell they are not chrome.
                        Besides if you get a scratch you wet sand it out and repolish. Try that with chrome. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        Chris Ja<br />87 IROC Lingenfelter motor with a few mods. Best et 12.96 at 110.mph<br />96 WS6 FORMULA Best ET 13.5 at 105MPH

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X