Hatchback cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatchback cover

My dad use to have an interior hatckback cover for his 3 gen Camaro. If you remember the show Knight rider when the hatchback was opened it was a cover connected close to the back seat and the other end was connected to the hatchback. I was wondering is there one made for forth gen f-bodys, and if so where can I get one. That is if anyone knows what I"m talking about. I'll try and get pics if I can find some.

do you mean like this?
    1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

no its goes on the inside. Its kind of like a cargo cover.

Comment

yeah i had it in my 82 t/a. it's that thing that rolls up/out to cover the trunk area. not sure what it was called, but i haven't seen one for a 4th gen...
        mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

dang I always liked the way it looked and I think it would look pretty good on a 4th gen f-body wish I knew where I could get one.

Comment

maybe you can do a custom one, i don't think it'd be all that hard. you can get them from a 3rd gen. a lot of SUVs have them too, i've seen a 93 explorer w/ it and a 99 jeep grand cherokee for instance
            mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

yeah but they already have the mountings for them built into the car. My mom had sone on her 2000 suburban. I guess I could make one if I could find an old one from a 3rd gen f-body in good shape and cut if and form it into the correct shape would take some time but I think I could do. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

That folding thingy in the rear hatch area of fourth gens takes the place of the optional roll-out cover of the third gens.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

but what about on the 3rd gens they had the fold out things like we do on our 4th gens. Except that ont he 3rd gen the fold down flat in the cargo area while on ours they fold to about a 45 degree slant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X