t-tops conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-tops conversion

I finally found someone that did it once and he lives pretty close to me. I'll be going down to Cali around October 1 to get this conversion. I'm so excited. I'm going to borrow my friend's camcorder and then I'll be bring my digital camera so I'll be taking pictures and video. I'll most likely host it up on my brother's file server. I'll repost the update once I get it done. So for whoever wants to do it atleast there'll be a video to help you all out. :D :D :D

its really not that hard of a thing to do
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

That's what I heard, but I'm just really afraid of doing it myself. My friends are kinda scared so non of them would help out.

Comment

how much is this guy charging you?
        1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          I disagree.
          It is not as simple as it sounds. It is much more complicated. You have to know what you are doing, otherwise there will be problems.
          Done right, it is by no means cheap either.
          2000 Monterey Maroon Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.8L V-6/4spd Auto

Comment

Please, don't take the above reply the wrong way.

My Camaro i had before this one was a 1983 Z28 with T-tops. I think the T-tops spent more time in the back than they did in the roof. The T-tops are what i miss most about that car. I was actually thinking about doing a T-top conversion to my 2000 but i did some research and it was just too much(i'm not just talking about $$$ but also the time and effort it would take) to have it done right. I would have been better off selling the car and buying another one that already had the T-tops.
            2000 Monterey Maroon Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.8L V-6/4spd Auto

Comment

personally i didnt have a single trouble with mine, looks great, dosent leak anymore than the car did before in the car wash and i now have T-tops

took me 2 nights to do the cutting and install of the brackets and another to paint and do all the body filler, and i got all the parts from a guy that was parting out a TA for either 200 or 250$
              -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

The ttop conversion is not very hard. Give yourself an entire weekend to do it right and your set. i paid $600 for the parts and truthfully is the best investment i have put into the car, even better than the ram air hood. It feels like i have a completely different car now, and riding with the tops off feels just as cool as a convertible. Just research some of the writeups, like mtmike's, and the pictures so that when your doing the job, you'll already know exactly what to do and where to cut.

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroKRAZED:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                  I disagree.
                  It is not as simple as it sounds. It is much more complicated. You have to know what you are doing, otherwise there will be problems.
                  </font>[/QUOTE]

My Camaro i had before this one was a 1983 Z28 with T-tops. I think the T-tops spent more time in the back than they did in the roof. The T-tops are what i miss most about that car. I was actually thinking about doing a T-top conversion to my 2000 but i did some research and it was just too much(i'm not just talking about $$$ but also the time and effort it would take) to have it done right. I would have been better off selling the car and buying another one that already had the T-tops.
                  you must have had the teachers that didn't make you do any research papers. your research skills are sorely lacking.

i did my conversion for less than $300 and almost half of that was buying a saw, rivet tool, paint, bondo, and some files. took me 2 days.

it took me 2 days and i had no clue what i was doing. i've had mine done for over a year and a half and no leaks or anything. most everyone thinks it's a factory job.

if you're going to provide information on something, i'd recommend having at least some decent information to provide.

and two days later...

Comment

Originally posted by Domestic Violence:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CamaroKRAZED:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                    I disagree.
                    </font>[/QUOTE]

you must have had the teachers that didn't make you do any research papers. your research skills are sorely lacking.

i did my conversion for less than $300 and almost half of that was buying a saw, rivet tool, paint, bondo, and some files. took me 2 days.

it took me 2 days and i had no clue what i was doing. i've had mine done for over a year and a half and no leaks or anything. most everyone thinks it's a factory job.

if you're going to provide information on something, i'd recommend having at least some decent information to provide.

and two days later...

</font>[/QUOTE]see camaroKRAZED, its not that hard [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

anyone in tx wanna do mine? I don't think I'm mechanically inclined to do it myself...sure do have the balls to do it though
                      If sex is a pain in the *** you\'re doing it wrong!!! (Rodney Daingerfield)

Comment

If hurricanes stop hitting me, I whould be doing this soon, hopefully sometime before Xmas...

here is my progress on acquiring parts, I pretty much have the rest of what I need for ~$100 set up with a guy locally, I just need to round up the money and get over and get it all.

Also some links on how to do it, and what I have spent so far on what.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/514505/4

Also I figured a way to rekey my own t-tops without a locksmith. BUt if you haven't fiddled around with a cam lock before, jsut spend the ~$20 and get a locksmith to do it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X