dupicolor brake caliper kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dupicolor brake caliper kit

just arrived at the local advance auto. has anyone here used this? was thinking about getting it to do my calipers.
    1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

I used it and thought it worked great. Also bought some hi-temp clear and camaro decals from afterthoughtsauto.com Here's how they turned out:
    2000 Sebring Silver Z28 M6<br />Jet-hot lt\'s,!cats, Hooker aerochamber,slp cai,mti lid, slp ss hood-spoiler-cme,eibach springs,bmr control arms & relo. brackets,bmr adj. phb,slp sfc\'s & stb,b&m ripper,Z06 wheels, Nitto 555\'s, and much more

Comment

if i did this would i have to get the clear or can i just buy the duplicolor, spray it and be done? once my wheels get here im going to powdercoat them black, and while theyre off i wanna do the red caliper paint
      V-SEX!<br /><br />intake/exhaust ;)<br />plenty appearence<br /><br />Within my grasp: 14\'s :)

Comment

With the duplicolor kit you brush on the paint, not spray it. The clear you buy seperately, and spray on after the paint has dried.
        2000 Sebring Silver Z28 M6<br />Jet-hot lt\'s,!cats, Hooker aerochamber,slp cai,mti lid, slp ss hood-spoiler-cme,eibach springs,bmr control arms & relo. brackets,bmr adj. phb,slp sfc\'s & stb,b&m ripper,Z06 wheels, Nitto 555\'s, and much more

Comment

brush it on? that seems like a pain in the a$$
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

It was extremely easy. I did it so I wouldn't have to take the caliper completely off, or have to deal with taping everything off due to overspray.

Comment

I highly recommend using a brushed on paint when doing the brake calipers. Think about all the stuff you would have to tape up to protect it from overspray if you used spray paint.

I used a brush on system (got mine from ecklers.com) and was totally pleased with it. It wasn't a pain at all. I think taping everything up for spray paint would be a bigger pain.
              SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Originally posted by mjparme:
                I highly recommend using a brushed on paint when doing the brake calipers. Think about all the stuff you would have to tape up to protect it from overspray if you used spray paint.

I used a brush on system (got mine from ecklers.com) and was totally pleased with it. It wasn't a pain at all. I think taping everything up for spray paint would be a bigger pain.
                the brush system works well. taping everything off doesnt take too long though. some huge pieces of newspaper take care of the wheel well, and it does take a lot of masking tape, but its not too bad.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X