Someone please explain...claybar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please explain...claybar...

where would i buy this and what is it called? kind of confused.

you can buy it at just about any car-parts store that sells car-wash supplies....you already know what it's called, a claybar...basically its clay that you rub on your paint to remove contaminents and all wax on your paint surface...if your paint surface is smooth, there is no need for one, however if it feels rough then you could use one...thats basically it....kinda ironic though...knowledge as a nickname and you dont know what a simple claybar is :rolleyes:

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

first step:buy the clay bar claybar (orileys sells the meguiars one / autozone sells bluemagic / online mothers is the best ( www.waxstation.com )

1.)wash and dry car
      2.) Spray solution on paint
      3.) wipe over lightly with clay bar and watch all that crap in your paint go away
      4.) Dry off extra solution
      5.) fold the clay bar over and repeat
      6.) when the whole car is done wax the car

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

The Mother's claybar is the best, IMO. If you've ever used an artist's kneaded eraser, it works pretty much just like that - spray the detailer's spray (the mother's kit comes with a bottle of their nice spray - smells like cinnamon), rub the claybar downwards in one direction, fold it over, repeat.

The same claybar usually lasts two to three clayings, although you only need to do clayings (IMO) twice a year.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd</a> <br />Red 1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L A4 w/ Y87

Comment

ty alot guys picked one up today...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X