Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my SS hood be repaired?

Hey all,
    I bought a factory SS hood, and when I got home and inspected it the 2 points closest to the windshield were damaged.
    The damage isnt severe, looks like about a 1/4 of an inch damage on either side. Im just wondering if a body shop can fix it or not?
    Shane
    00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

should be able to build it up with fiberglass. i did that on my hatch corners next to the Camaro Rear facia. it turned out good actually. can't even tell the difference.
    2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

fiberglass will work super, is it a crack or is it a 1/4 of a inch chipped?
      ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

most body shops can do anything... for a price...

merlin
        2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Sorry its taken so long Im in Cuba with limited internet access. the problem is that the points polked through the box and were constantly hitting the ground and getting dragged. So it pretty much sanded them down about a 1/4 of an inch.
          Shane
          00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X