Trans Am "Moldings"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Am "Moldings"

Ok, I have a pretty much stock '99 Bird in black, and I noticed that, like Grand Ams, Firebirds and Trans Am's have different body moldings. The Trans Am, obviously, has the moldings, whereas the Firebird does not.

I hope everyone knows what I'm talking about. It's like a body kit, so to say, and is most noticable along the door bottoms.

I want to get these for my Firebird (I'm not trying to become a Trans Am, fyi), and how hard they are to install.

And if anyone who has had autoleather do their upholstry and likes them better than stock leather, please let me know.
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

are u talking about the door molding that, thin strip going across the door?
    94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Comment

im not thinking he is
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I think you are speaking of that door trim thing that runs along the bottom of the door almost like sideskirts, right?
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

Yeah, it's almost an extention to the body of the car, so to say. Let's see if I can't find a picture...

Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

I got mine on ebay... $200 for the sides (both) and $200 for the front (prices included shipping), they can also be found on www.wingswest.com

1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula SOLD!<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird<br /><a href=\"http://members.sounddomain.com/tlight99\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.sounddomain.com/tlight99</a>

Comment

yeah it's called the body kit... or some say "ground effects"
              try ebay definitely!
              u can get ones from teh dealership but they charge you a TONNNNN of money i think it was like 200 to replace my driver's side one when i got hit...
              <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Hey dont we already have the one on the front on our cars? Or is it more pronounced on a Trans Am? I like those rims a lot too.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

I think even the front has a little bit of a different kit, but don't quote me on that, as I'm no body man.

I don't want anything other than factory looking moldings, but I do like how those other ones look.

If anyone can tell me the part number or anything, please let me know.

Comment

the front bumper is different on a TA, notice the center fog lights

the side are ground effects, or "rocker panels" as called by gm.

they require many olal slots to be cut into your car for install. other than that, not hard to do, but your not going back to stock without body work.

Ryan.
                    1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Also, there is the moldings that came as part of the W68 package in the regular birds. (They look different though)
                      NOw, the front of the Trans Am is all one piece. There is not body moldings there. Only on the sides.
                      And yes, if you get them from the dealer be ready to spend some serious money.
                      2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

the W68 ground effects look better, imho.

I am always looking for a set in red to replace mine in my WS6.

hard to find :(

Ryan.
                        1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

W68 GFX &gt; TA GFX
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, I also like the W68 ground effects better.
                            2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

someone got discernable pictures of the differences between the 68 and TA designs?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X