Question about getting the "EAGLE" off the centercaps of eagle wheels. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about getting the "EAGLE" off the centercaps of eagle wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about getting the "EAGLE" off the centercaps of eagle wheels.

Hey guys, I have a set of Eagle 077 wheels on my car. I think they look really nice polished up and I don't have a problem at all with them. Any 5 spoke wheel looks good. Anyway, I think they would look a whole lot better with the EAGLE off of the center caps. I checked out the company's website, I can't find no way of contacting them. They do sell replacement caps, but none that are completely shaved. So i'm thinking of ordering a set of replacement caps and attempting to do this myself, if it is at all possible. After looking at them for a while. They appear to be engraved a little bit and it looks like they were painted black in the engraved part and then sealed with something. I may be wrong, I have no clue. I'm not sure how much I can shave off before there is nothing left. But i'm thinking maybee I can sand them down with some really really heavy grit sand paper, at least until I reach the engraved part and start taking it down. After then I will bump up the sand paper until I reach a really fine stage until I can polish them back. I wouldn't mind either having the EAGLe still on there, just not black, so you wouldn't beable to notice it. Do you guys think it is possible to do this?

well if u dont want the eagle on their....soak it in paint thinner and scrub the paint off

Comment

it looks to me like its ingraved aind then painted in the plastic and i dont believe it will work. seeing as the centercaps were like 8 dollars each i dont really think its worth it.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

get some centercap decals from Here . i just got a set of chrome centercap decals to cover up my black ones and they look real good. email him if you have any questions, he always responds right away and will even do custom work.
        94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

the center caps from SLP fit in the Eagle 077's. i know i tried. my dad had a set that had the bowtie faded so i tried them in the eagles. they worked. but i like the Eagle symbol.
          2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X