Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3M Swirl Mark Remover is god

http://www.properautocare.com/3mperpolforl.html

I spent the day putting on two coats of this stuff and then followed up with two coats of normal wax.

My clear coat was disgusting. Spider webbing and swirl marks all over the place. I could barely stand looking at the car in direct sun. I can't believe the results I got from this stuff. In direct sunlight I see no swirl marks at all, even after I stripped the stuff off to apply the wax.

This product comes highly recommended. There are still some swirls in the black top, but black is ruthless when it comes to that sort of thing.

Here's a photo:

http://www.dimensionhex.com/hotlinks/3m.jpg

:eek: nice. you know your wax job is all right when a fly slips off of it

Comment

looks real nice. i have some marks on my hood from the previous owner and they r swirl marks but i can never get thm fixed with swirl mark remover.i'll try this and see what it does.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

havent you read any of mustangeaters posts??....read through some of the articles, and take a pic in about a week or two and tell us if the swirl marks have still dissapeared...I now realize that it happened to me too many times....it will go away, its almost like a blanket to "hide" the marks for a litte while....looks good for now though ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Actually I have heard good things about 3m swirl remover... For minor-moderate clear coat problems I would use Zaino Z5, swirl remover...

But if I had hardcore problems I would use the 3M. I have heard, 3m Swirl remover 39009 for dark cars(but can be used on light cars) and 39109 for light cars.

I hear the best way to do it is only use an orbital buffer or some piece of mechanical machinery to buff it our really well, then to top it off with some Z5 afterwards, and has always finish with a layer of z2 on top.

Since none of you guys use zaino, I guess just top it off with your regualr cleaner waxes, because the swirl remover is pretty abrasive, and will cut off any wax you had on the car.

Maybe that will help it last?

Comment

I've used 3M swirl mark remover many times. I had a black chevy lumina at one point and man did that thing have some sratches and swirl mark (expected after 150,000 miles). Use an electric buffer with the correct 3M buffing pad and man that thing was shinny and swirl free. 3 years later I still see the car once in a while, it's it's still looking great. I had used the stuff for dark colored cars. I used the same bottle for my white firebird, worked great, but being a dark compound, it shows the really deep scratches, but it still did a great job at getting rid of all the swirlmarks. I've also used it on a friend's motorcycle. He had some heavy scuffs that I took out with a 3M buffing compound, and then finished up with the 3M swirl remover. It made him [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] since it saved him from having to have his fender repainted.
            98 White T-Top Firebird<br />w/ the crome 5 star rims<br />FRA, Smoothed stock lid,<br />Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=346111\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=346111</a>

Comment

Originally posted by nikon:
              havent you read any of mustangeaters posts??....read through some of the articles, and take a pic in about a week or two and tell us if the swirl marks have still dissapeared...I now realize that it happened to me too many times....it will go away, its almost like a blanket to "hide" the marks for a litte while....looks good for now though ;)
              Im prety sure they're gone, because I stripped off all the 3M after I was done and before I waxed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X