Rear Tailights/Firebird emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Tailights/Firebird emblem

Does anyone have any ideas on what to use to clean the plastic piec that goes across the back under the hatch? The one with the taillights and Firebird decals on it....It looks like the kind of plastic you can damage if you use the wrong thing on it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: \"WOW!!!!, what a ride!\"

meguires makes a good thing called scartch-x or something like that. it is basically a mild rubbing compound that will buff out the plastic and make it nice and shiney. but don't use it across the firebird in the middle cause it will mess up the paint. i took the firebird decal off the middle piece by wet sanding it off and then buffing out the plastic with fine cut rubbing compound and i think it looks great.
    2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I just wash it with Meguires along with everything else. Be sure to use 100% cotton cloths/towels. Polyester/nylon/acrylic, etc will leave the little scratches that dull the plastic's shine.

The rear center filler pice on 4th gens retains its shine (but the letters and bird fade over time).

The rear filler piece of 3rd gens invariably dulled over time - different type of plastic. It was really frustrating for me to see my third gen's rear section get duller over time.

...offered to you from my experience in owning new 3rd and 4th gen Firebirds.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I ended up buying a used fillerplate off ebay off of a trans am, wetsanded it and just a few days ago used a buffer and polishing compound on it and made it more shiny. If u want to look, check out my cardomain page... i cant tell u the exact page number but there are descriptions of each page on there.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X