Zaino New Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaino New Car?

I just bought a brand new T/A and Want to start things off right with Zaino. What should I get? Does the car need to be clayed, or since it is new do I need to worry about that?
    -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

I'd say yes Claybar that thing. I almost poo'd myself after I claybar'd my TA. It makes a huge difference.
    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

What does this clay bar stuffs do?
      Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

It pulls all the contaminates and crap off of the car so that you don't put polish over them. I guess that it can't hurt [img]smile.gif[/img]
        -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Jay:
          It pulls all the contaminates and crap off of the car so that you don't put polish over them. I guess that it can't hurt [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Exactly.
          All cars, no matter how new, have some form of contaminents - rather it be from train transportation (rail dust), brake dust, chemical fallout (for lack of a better word), etc etc...no car is 100% perfect.
          It will not hurt.
          When you do claybar, make sure to use a soap/water mix but don't use too much because you'll cause the claybar to break up (I mean it's made of clay! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
          Take one side and use it, then when it gets dirty, fold it in half - and you have two clean sides! Repeat this, only using one side to keep the other clean. You can also take a plastic bag and rub it over the paint as you're doing it to enhance your feel and see if there are any contaminents you didn't get out. Reclay to remove them.
          Also, if you have any questions about the order of polishing, any about the products, any tips, etc etc.... give me an email/shoot me an IM.

Good luck,
          The Sandman
          <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X