Painted Interior Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Interior Pics

Here are some pics of my painted interior. The car is dirty in the pics since I actually painted a few weeks back but just got around to taking pictures. I have been neglecting her for a few weeks, need to clean her up.

The interior isn't finished so once I get everything I want it should look like it has a blue theme going on. Right now it looks like I am halfway done with a blue theme... [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://members.cox.net/mjparme/interior.html
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

wow, :eek: thats an interesting shade of blue.
    looks like you did a god job with the painting though. keep us updated. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

looks good, what did u use to paint it? krylon fusion? can u gimme the details of the process u took, looks great
      *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

thats an interesting shade of blue.
        As great as Krylon Fusion is the color selection isn't great (like 16 colors or something?). That is Krylon Fusion Patriotic Blue. It is a very close match to the Wheelskin (which I got at Afterthoughtsauto.com). It isn't a perfect match but close. It is very nearly a perfect match to the brake caliper paint. Hopefully I will be able to find seat covers and floor mats that match.

can u gimme the details of the process u took
        I used ArmorAll on my car a lot so that has to come off before you paint with krylon fusion (probably any paint). Krylon Fusion and ArmorAll do not play nice with each other.

So to prepare the pieces I scrubbed the pieces with Simple Green and then rubbed them down with alcohol. To scrub them I used one of those Scots-Brite sponges that is a sponge on one side and a green scrubby thing on the other. The green scrubby thing was sort of like using sandpaper. So you could do that or just a high grit (like 400 or so) sandpaper (which I have seen other people recommend).

You don't want any armor all on the pieces at all so, if after you do this, you see any shiny spots just redo that spot. The part should look very dull when it is ready. Take a look at this pic and you will see that my ash tray cover is very dull (haven't put armor all back on it yet), this is what it should look like:

http://members.cox.net/mjparme/Image...terConsole.JPG

Then if there was anything on the piece that needed to be protected from getting painted I masked it with masking tape and then just painted according to the instructions on the can. I put about 4 thin coats on each piece and waited about 30 seconds in between each one.

I would say the key is just be patient and don't try to do all the pieces in one day. I did one or two pieces at a time. Also, wait 24 hours before you touch the pieces!! I know it is tempting to want to see what it is going to look like but be patient and wait the 24 hours. The piece is dry enought to pick up after 12 hours but the paint is still to soft to be re-installing the piece.

Also, the flip lid on the cd holder area did not take the krylon fusion well. The can says you can use it on vinyl but it just didn't take well and it is now dull. It is also a little sticky when the inside of the car is warm. I will have to redo that, then maybe try a clear coat or something.

[ September 26, 2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: mjparme ]
        SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Very cool... I'd extend some of the blue to the outside of the car... maybe emblems or some striping?...
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Id try to set that vinyl piece in the sun for a day. Keep moving it as the sun does.
            BuickThunder.com<br />\"Think out side the bowtie\"

Comment

Krylon® Fusion

Color & Product Offering
              Almond - 2437
              Black - 2421
              Blonde Shimmer - 2339
              Blue Hyacinth - 2333
              Burgundy - 2325
              Burgundy - 2425
              Buttercream - 2334
              Dover White - 2322
              Dover White - 2422
              Espresso - 2340
              Espresso - 2436
              Fairytale Pink - 2331
              Gloss Black - 2321
              Gloss White - 2320
              Honeydew - 2335
              Hunter Green - 2324
              Hunter Green - 2424
              Khaki - 2438
              Navy - 2326
              Navy - 2426
              Nickel Shimmer - 2338
              Patriotic Blue - 2329
              Pewter Gray - 2439
              Pumpkin (Safety) Orange - 2337
              Red Pepper - 2328
              River Rock - 2323
              River Rock - 2423
              Spring Grass - 2327
              Sun Dried Tomato - 2332
              Sunbeam - 2330
              Twilight - 2440
              White - 2420

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                Very cool... I'd extend some of the blue to the outside of the car... maybe emblems or some striping?...
                I agree. It looks like you did a pretty good job quality wise, but I don't think it really goes with the car at all.
                2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shirl:
                  I agree. It looks like you did a pretty good job quality wise, but I don't think it really goes with the car at all. </font>[/QUOTE]Really??? I think it looks tits n balls. I love looking at his pics. They look so nice in shiny. Blue n gray go together well too. I can't wait to give it a shot. But in bright as yellow. White would get to dirty. FYI my car is being done is steelers colors.

Comment

Though I wonder what Nickel Shimmer - 2338
                    &
                    Pewter Gray - 2439 look like. Most steelers logos have a silver out line.

Comment

I'd extend some of the blue to the outside of the car... maybe emblems or some striping?...
                      I have the brake calipers painted the same color (if it isn't the exact color it is very very close). I originally thought that would link the outside of the car to the inside. It does somewhat although the brake calipers don't grab your attention enough to see them right away. It probably wouldn't hurt, as you suggest, to have something a little more noticeable to link the inside and outside of the car.

http://members.cox.net/mjparme/brakes.html

Comment

Id try to set that vinyl piece in the sun for a day. Keep moving it as the sun does.
                        Hmm, I wonder if that would work. The back of the can claims it bonds to vinyl. It bonded just fine to the shift knob although it did take it longer to dry on the shift knob (48 hours I believe) than it did on the plastic pieces.

Comment

Well I am glad you did your N E Ways.
                          Maybe that vinyl piece had sucked up more armorall like stuff in it then the plastic knob. That kind of stuff does penetrate well. Maybe a sun back will help dry it out. Like a dash board.

Though the colder weather might make it harder. I painted my car a few weeks ago and have the fender emblem off. Thinking about painting them on mine as they arnt on yet N E Ways.

Comment

You have a newer car so outside parts arnt as easy to paint. You could do your spoiler but its not removable. Could do the mirrors but not sure as they kind of mold into the body.

Could get a shiny blue windshield shade sticker.
                            Blue wiper arms n blades. Blue washer nozzles.

Comment

Blue wiper arms n blades. Blue washer nozzles.
                              I drive a Camaro not a Honda [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well I am glad you did your N E Ways.
                              What are N E Ways?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X