Decal, cleaning, paint questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal, cleaning, paint questions...

(1) I've got tiny lumps on my paint job, like pieces of sand that were painted on, will anything be able to take that off or remove that texture? Its mainly on the hood and top of the car.

(2) The car shop guy said I shoulden't wax it until about the first of the year, that would be about 4 months from the time it was painted, isn't that a little long? I was thinking I'd paint it about a month 3 weeks or so from the time I got it.

(3) Anyone know where I can get custom decals, I want something like a 3.8 or 3800II, 3800 something like that decal for the side fenders but I don't want flat vinyl, I want raised CF finish to go with the rear raised CF Camaro insert and CF Camaro nose emblem.

(4) My windshield has a bit of a haze to it, I think the previous owner left old wiper blades on to long and scuffed the finish, anything I can do for that? Cleaner etc?

(5) After being through paint some of my lights are a little dirty on inside and out and some have a bit of paint overlap, any suggestion for cleaning buffing those to make them shine like new?
    1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Would it help if I flashed a little nipple?
    1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

Originally posted by OutKlast:
      (1) I've got tiny lumps on my paint job, like pieces of sand that were painted on, will anything be able to take that off or remove that texture? Its mainly on the hood and top of the car.

The lumps are prolly from not preppin the process between paint/clearcoat, and the dirt raised the clearcoat some. They can be wetsanded out, but id have it professionally done.

(2) The car shop guy said I shoulden't wax it until about the first of the year, that would be about 4 months from the time it was painted, isn't that a little long? I was thinking I'd paint it about a month 3 weeks or so from the time I got it.

Thats crap, custom car companies, like Boyd Coddington type companies, wax before the cars get delievered to the customer. Id let it cure for about a month, then do it.

(3) Anyone know where I can get custom decals, I want something like a 3.8 or 3800II, 3800 something like that decal for the side fenders but I don't want flat vinyl, I want raised CF finish to go with the rear raised CF Camaro insert and CF Camaro nose emblem.

I dont know any place that sells raised 3800 decals, but you can get 3800II decals prolly on ebay that originally came on the Grand Prix GT's

(4) My windshield has a bit of a haze to it, I think the previous owner left old wiper blades on to long and scuffed the finish, anything I can do for that? Cleaner etc?

Haze on the outside or inside? Inside, get some good glass cleaner and a good microfiber cloth. Bon Ami glass cleaner, #0000 steel wool, and a microfiber cloth should do the trick. Spray the cleaner on, go over it with the #0000 steel wool (make SURE its #0000, otherwise you may scratch the window if you use anything less that the quad-zero rating), then wipe off the cleaner immediately with a microfiber towell.

(5) After being through paint some of my lights are a little dirty on inside and out and some have a bit of paint overlap, any suggestion for cleaning buffing those to make them shine like new?

Havent a clue. Id say chemicals to get the paint off, but i wouldnt be puttin chemicals on my plastic lights at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OutKlast:

Haze on the outside or inside? Inside, get some good glass cleaner and a good microfiber cloth. Bon Ami glass cleaner, #0000 steel wool, and a microfiber cloth should do the trick. Spray the cleaner on, go over it with the #0000 steel wool (make SURE its #0000, otherwise you may scratch the window if you use anything less that the quad-zero rating), then wipe off the cleaner immediately with a microfiber towell.

Outside, hence the windshield wiper statement. Or perhaps my car just didn't come with the internal windshield wipers. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] :D

Havent a clue. Id say chemicals to get the paint off, but i wouldnt be puttin chemicals on my plastic lights at all.

I think I may be able to peel the paint off, but they're kinda of dirty hazy with "primer juice", paint and water mix from rinsing the car. I was thinking they're may be something someone has tried thats a little more then just standard car wash or a typical soap that may work better.

</font>[/QUOTE]

Comment

Try what i reccomended for the windows both inside and outside. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X