No announcement yet.

Lightest aftermarket SS hood...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, and its just the SS hood, not the badging. she can back it up with performance that blows an SS out of the water.

i like the regular cowl hood on that site posted above. onlt 15lbs too

Comment

quote:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally posted by LordoftheBling:
      just kinda ironic that you called me a poser/ ricer because i have an SS wing. now you are getting an SS hood. irony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who gives a fuk . Her car is faster than a stock/lightly modded(LS1) SS
      Turd of the Blings is OWN3D yet again... [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Anyway, I talked to the paint shop people today and they didn't recommend the lightweight hoods because they can look, or eventually get, wavey... and any custom paint on them wouldn't look so great. So it's going to have to be a fiberglass/composite hood afterall. So I'm still looking...thanks for the input everyone! [img]graemlins/love.gif[/img]
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

:rolleyes:

so many leghumpers. [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]

was this the same paint shop that recommended / did the graphics on your car? if so i would look for a second opinion

Comment

I was just thinking... either you love me and want attention or you have some kind of complex against me. I have no idea who you are, where you came from, or that you were even a live human being until maybe a couple months ago... I know I mess with you back from time to time for fun, but this is just getting dumb. What is your point of intervening on my posts when you have NOTHING constructive (or nice for that matter) to say at all. What EXACTLY is your problem with me? I'd like to know right now...We can settle this right now in an open forum...
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

you are a hypocrite. acknowledge this and i will let this die.

Comment

just a thought but a lighter hood that could be used to get colder air to the SC intake seams like it is useful, the SS wing adds only to the look of the car. also shirl has a car with the balls to put that kind of a hood on her car, i dont know if yours does or not. i personally havent seen your car so i cant call you a poser but you are acting like an @$$, get over it.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by LordoftheBling:
                :rolleyes:

so many leghumpers. [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]

Your boyfriend left, you going to leave too? I think the only time you ever post is to ***** about other people's cars, get the sand out of your vagina, and just leave already.

Comment

:rolleyes: typical erica

Comment

Aren't you going to call her a Ricer ME?? Cmon now, anything non performance is rice right?? Anything SS on a non SS is rice right? Shoulden't you be saying something like "mad ram air"?? Weird...

And no offense to Shirl who has apparently run an 11 once, but how worried are you about an extra 10-15 lbs??

Cp

Comment

Ran 11's Twice.. an 11.86 and an 11.9 but that's old news, so I don't know why you keep bringing that up... Regardless, the stock hoods are about 40-45lbs. An aftermarket hood can be as little as 15lbs, so that would be as much as a 30lb difference for street driving. As for the "ricer" comment......T-Punk hit that one right on the head...functionality is an issue, which is why I am also considering the cowl hood and/or others. And LOTB you are so angry. Maybe you should try to lighten up.. you can't go on living your life mad at the world. I'm starting to feel sorry for you, really...
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

I'm starting to think about the 2" cowl hood, but I haven't seen one yet. I like the general look of it on the vfn site, but it's just the hood, no car, so it's hard to tell. And I think they do list it as only 15 lbs... :D
                        \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X