Wet-sanding your clear coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet-sanding your clear coat

I was watching "trucks" the other day on spike, and he briefly talked about wet sanding your clearcoat very lightly with a 2000 grit sandpaper, then buffing the car with a compound. supposedly it will make older paint look much better. has anyone heard of this, tried it, or knows the details, what i need, and exactly how to do it? thanks
    I\'m so used to doing so much with so little, I can do anything with everything!

2000 umm no more like 3000 i have before but only one time and a detailer was helping me

YOU can not rub to long in one spot, you can get vary shallow marks out and every thing, and may bring back some shine.

wash car really good with dawn, and then wet sand do one panle at a time and do not swirl back and forth only then rise if you see a spot the may need more it's ok just go over it again. but if you take to much of fthe first time iTS BAD

after word i would get some REALLY good no oil wax in there such as Zanio and others

should be looking good after that
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I did it to my rear quarterpanel last sept with 2000 grit, and it turned out nice. Just like viper said though, do not rub too much in one area or you'll chew through the clearcoat.
      After you rub it down with 2000 grit it'll look dull, until you wax it. And don't go cheap on wax! Mother's Phase II & Phase III, Meguires Gold Class, Zaino, etc. are exceptional car wax's.
      sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X