Valve Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Covers

Do you have to drop the engine to paint them? If so then I'm not fuggin' with it at ALL!

[ May 26, 2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Christian ]
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

huh?
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

no but you have to take them off to paint them
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
        Any tips on how an idiot can do that? I saw a section on instal universitie's site, but it was for an 8? Have you tried it Viper?

Comment

Originally posted by Christian:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by viper04af:
          Any tips on how an idiot can do that? I saw a section on instal universitie's site, but it was for an 8? Have you tried it Viper? </font>[/QUOTE]no, its not to hard to get the off, you have to buy new gaskets things. its not vary invovled but it does take time
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

on the passanger side you have to remove the rear engine lift point to get the valve cover off..two 13mm if i remember right. i removed it with my intakes off, and even then it was a PITA..dunno if you can do it without removing the intakes...those bolts/nuts were pretty tight on there.

driver's side you have to remove the coil pack, and i *think* the front engine lift point & egr. easy to get this side off.

--matt

Comment

that was on a 2002 3.8 btw

--matt

Comment

thanks

Comment

Umm, if your an idiot then stay the **** outta the engine bay ;)
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                    he speaks from painfull expensive experance... ;p
                    www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                      he speaks from painfull expensive experance... ;p </font>[/QUOTE]LMAO! WERD
                      ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

best damn advice i have heard in awhile. can get a sticky for this on? ;)
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I'm not sure how you meant for that to come off, but kiss my A@# if you ment it the way I took it. And if I took it wrong then allow me to retract it now, but as it stands now......yea kiss my a$# [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

Comment

They are right. The left engine lift bracket *Will* need to come off before the left valve cover comes off. I'm pretty sure you CANNOT get that bracket off without removing the intake. (The upper intake that is. I see no reason the lower would have to come out)

Aside from that there are 5 (I think) bolts on each valve cover. Removing them is quite simple. All you would need to do is buy a new set of gaskets ($10-$20) When you remove the upper intake, would would also need a new Upper Intake Gasket.

If you need any pointers feel free to drop me a line, I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.
                            1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Distephano:
                              They are right.

If you need any pointers feel free to drop me a line, I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.
                              Thanks, I went ahead and ran a trial run to see how ong it would take me beofre I tried the entire preocedure. It didn't take as long as I thought it would, but I still didn't have enough time to pull it and paint it. My next off day is Sunday, so if I can get outta church in time to get @ it, I'll tackle it. Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X