All With Vinyl Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All With Vinyl Decals

Ok, i really don't want to mess my decals up. so what are some tricks for putting them on? i have heard about using soap and water.... but can someone explain exactly how to do that? thanx!
    1999 Camaro Silver 5spd<br />Appearence Mods:<br />-Clear Corners -Tail Lights off a 93-96 Camaro -Painted Black Calipers w/ Silver Camaro Decal on front ones -Black Camaro Rear Fill Decal -Silver Camaro Front Fill Decal -Painted Silver Interior Pieces -RKSport Shift Knob<br />Performance Mods:<br />-Eibach springs -Whisper Lid -Removed MAF screen -Free Ram Air -Trans Am Dual Exhaust -3\" Cutout<br />Stereo System:<br />-Eclipse 8v Head Unit -Eclipse 87series 12\' Subs -Rockford Fosgate 800wt amp (subs) -MTX 225wt amp (highs)<p>AOL IM is jay eub, msn messenger is banks_2003@hotmail.com

What I used when I put on my stripes was a spray bottle of water, and a little bit of my Zaino car wash mixed together... It worked really well. You can also use a couple drops of dish soap also. The soap just helps to make it slipery so the decal doesn't immediatly stick when you apply it.
    First, peel of the layer of paper on the sticky side of the decal.. make sure you don't get it wet before removing this part, or else the paper will stick to the sticky side of the decal. Find someplace to lay it flat (hood of car works great for this) and spray it down with as much of the solution that you can.
    Then, spray down where you want to apply the decal. You really can't use too much of it...
    Lay the decal on the spot you want to apply it to, don't push down yet, b/c the water will help hold it in place, and you will still be able to slide it around on the car, just in case you didn't get it lined up right when you laid it on.
    Then get a plastic squegie (sp?) and start at the center of the decal, and slowly work your way towards the edges of the decal, until all the water is out from underneath it.
    Then let it sit for a few minutes to give it a little time to dry out some of the water, and slowly remove the other backing paper from the decal.
    You may get bubbles depending on the size of the decal, but once the sun hits it for a while, then that will take care of most of them. If after that you still have bubbles you can take something (like an exacto knife) and put a tiny hole in the center of the bubble, and then push the air out of it that way.
    That's kinda the basic rundown of what to do. I think I covered most of it, but if I missed anything, or if any of it doesn't make sense let me know.
    2000 Red Firebird W68

Comment

wel, i can tell you one thing... i didnt use soap and water... bad idea

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X