What Do I Need For Zaino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do I Need For Zaino?

Ok. There's about 100,000 different products they have, and all I want to do is get a very powerful, shiny coat of wax on my black Firebird, and if possible, remove spiderwebbing and small swirlmarks.

What should I get from Zaino if I want to do this, most efficiently?
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

First off you will come across people who badmouth it, that its too hard, and too expensive. Just ask them if they ever used it, and if they did if they used it correctly.

how bad are your swirls? really minor? or are they pretty bad? If they are minor Z5 swirl filler will work great but if they are really bad, 3m swirl remover polish with a powered buffer will work. I can get you the part number if you really want.

As for Zaino, I reccomend the starter kit will work.

It seems a little pricey at first... but in reality its not that bad.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ct_Code=ZKIT-1

this gives you z2, z5, z6, z7, z18, and zfx

It sounds intimidating... but its pretty simple...

Z7, is their carwash, it works really well, you technically do not need it, but it has a formula in it to work with the polish to help the shine come back.(smells really good too, like berries) and its only $$7.95 a bottle, like $1-2 more then an average car wash liquid, lasts a long time too...

Z-18, Is just 2 claybars($16.95 seperate) before you apply zaino you need to clean all the impurities off the paint(shoudl be done every time you do a thorough detailing) Once again you do not have to buy a Zaino clay bar but get a butget the blue one from Pep Boys, I cannot remember which one to avoid, either the Mothers, or Meguiars claybar, its crap, but if you are ordering from zaino, why not save yourself the trip to the store and buy from them.

Z5 is for swirl removing, and on darker cars gives it a "deeper" shine.

Z2 is what provides most of the shine.

ZFX is an accelrator that helps the Z5 and Z2 bond to your finish more quickly.

Z6 is a detailing spray, it helps keep the car clean, it has anti-static properties to repel dust, and it really enhances the shine.

The starter kit comes with all this stuff to try and get a good all around finish on your car. All the products are compatible that is why I reccomend getting the entire starter kit.

People will argue about the shine compared to others until the world comes to an end. But it is commonly known the durability of Zaino outlasts any carnuba waxes just on the basis that Zaino is a fully synthetic formula(think synthetic oil vs. natural oil)

For info on applying it to your car...

I really reccomend readig this, makes it easy to figure out. Alot of things look intimidating the first time you look at it.

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...tips.htm#Zaino Application Tips and Tricks

Also check this out as well...
    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...S&Store_Code=Z

and definitely if you have any questions on zaino, I highly reccomend registering and asking here... I don't know everything but know a chunk, there are people that run businesses detailing cars(and use zaino), also zaino distributors. They can give alot of info. And no one really likes Zaino here...

http://web.camaross.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=18

Comment

Thank you for that...that was EVERYTHING I could have asked for [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

Originally posted by Blazing_Firebird:
        Thank you for that...that was EVERYTHING I could have asked for [img]smile.gif[/img]
        No problem, glad to help... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Zaino ROCKS, and for the price of that starter kit sure you could go out and buy similar products from Walmart, but they don't last like Zaino!! I've had mine on for 3 months, 1 coat of Z5 and two coats of Z2 and it still blings like a mofo! But ya for tougher scratches use the 3M stuff first cuz Zaino isn't a miracle scratch remover, it just makes what is there look really really good for quite a long time while protecting your precious paint job.
          2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Careful, for every bottle MustangEater convinces someone to buy, his power grows by 20%. Don't feed the power.
            2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
            Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

My biggest concern is shine and swirl remover...how about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazing_Firebird:
                My biggest concern is shine and swirl remover...how about that?
                Its a matter of how bad they are... Z5 will remove some swirl marks but it is no major miracle swirl remover people flip out over.

The most widely used swirl remover that is loved is 3M swirl remover used with a mechanical buffer.

But for shine, Zaion is top notch.. there qare a couple products that have been argued to have a slightly better shine but are no offered at car stores, poor boys klause, etc... but those last even less then regular waxes, and only argued to ever been slightly better then Zaino. Advantage is Zaino is 100% synthetic so it has 0 crystalizaion.

But if you want more info I HIGHLY reccomend signign up over at www.camaroz28.com lots of good info professionals that do $150-250 detail jobs on cars for a living. So they do superb top notch jobs.

People here will make fun of me and my love for zaino...

I have no specific loyalty to zaino, I just have a specific love for the cheapest, most widespread used SYNTHETICcar polish.

If Mobil 1 was the only syntheic motor oil on the market people woudl praise it.

Comment

I do praise Mobil 1!! Even after 3k miles the oil isn't anywhere close to as nasty black as regular oils. It just holds up much longer if you ask me, my car even seemed to idle smoother after I started using the synth :-P
                  2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Has anyone just used the Z2 Zaino and not used Z1 first? I ordered some Z2 and didn't realize I should put on Z1 first and don't want to pay another shipping cost.
                    97SILVERBID<br />Born to cruise

Comment

What was the part number for the Dark car 3m Swirl Remover polish?

I can't seem to find this on their website.

I know they offer both a swirl remover for light colored cars, and swirl remover for dark color cars. I need the dark one, and a place to buy it from.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                        Exploding starters
                        by Kubes
                        Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                        i bought this car a couple...
                        1 week ago
                      • 2.8 Bird
                        Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Found some led reverse bulbs
                        by ssms5411
                        My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • Fruitgrower231
                        Having some electrical issues
                        by Fruitgrower231
                        95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • SixShooter'00Camaro
                        OG’s check in!
                        by SixShooter'00Camaro
                        Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X