White Faced Gauges, C5 Shift Knob, and Polished Alternator (clear corners, scroll) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Faced Gauges, C5 Shift Knob, and Polished Alternator (clear corners, scroll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LimitedE: since you have a '97 your gauges are the same as mine: the ones at www.autodynamic.com look really good and I will probably buy them when I get around to it.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nikon:
      hehehe, you polished your Alternator too?..why stop there I did my TB too ;) ..ya your right it does take forever!!...Nice gauges too ;) <hr></blockquote>

yeah, polishing was a *****, but im happy with the turnout. thanks for the idea :D

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CamAroFaNaTic:
        I just got the same gauges....im glad i got them, they look good........were they hard to install...how did u do it?<hr></blockquote>

you have to take out a few dash panels, i believe it went in this order:

1.) panel under steering wheel
        2.)loosen panel around shifter
        3.)panel around radio
        5.) panel behind steering wheel
        then youll be at the gauges, i took off the clear plastic thing, then the black plastic over the gauge panel, then you put the gauges on. you wire them in. i wired it into the but yellow wire behind the headlights. (you will want to find a different wire if you want them to come on when you only put on your parking lights. i messed that up. mine only come on when the headlights come on... which is ok for now. youll want to find the wire that comes on when the parking lights are on)

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:

you have to take out a few dash panels, i believe it went in this order:

1.) panel under steering wheel
          2.)loosen panel around shifter
          3.)panel around radio
          5.) panel behind steering wheel
          then youll be at the gauges, i took off the clear plastic thing, then the black plastic over the gauge panel, then you put the gauges on. you wire them in. i wired it into the but yellow wire behind the headlights. (you will want to find a different wire if you want them to come on when you only put on your parking lights. i messed that up. mine only come on when the headlights come on... which is ok for now. youll want to find the wire that comes on when the parking lights are on)

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]
          <hr></blockquote>

I put mine on a switch....But I like to show off at the track ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

how did you guys polish your alternater and throttle body i would like to do mine.
            if yall have any instructions please let me know i thinm it looks good.
            and has anybody ever thought about ploshing there valve covers that would look cool too.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/profile/ohagen383\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/profile/ohagen383</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AWSOMEFIREBIRD:
              how did you guys polish your alternater and throttle body i would like to do mine.
              if yall have any instructions please let me know i thinm it looks good.
              and has anybody ever thought about ploshing there valve covers that would look cool too.
              <hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nikon:

They're made out of aluminum...the pictures dont even do them justice....polishing aluminum is
              very easy...I used a dremel for everything so I didnt have to take the parts off the car....I started with 60grit sandpaper, then 120grit...then used the stones to get in small places....then found this poliching stone [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I guess its a pumice wheel or something...that worked great...oph ya use everything in conjunction with a high abrasive polishing compound...after the polishing wheel get 1500grit sanpaper....I believe if its not 1200....the finest possible...its a wetsand paper...smooth it out as much as possible...and there ya go ;) ...free mod, kinda...just takes a lot of time...ALOT of time ;)
              <hr></blockquote>

if you dont like how it looks at first, you just gotta keep sanding till its smooth, heep going to a higher grit paper little by little, it takes a long time. be prepared to do a lot of work

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

what are the valve covers made out of and how would they look polished?

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:
                  what are the valve covers made out of and how would they look polished?<hr></blockquote>

cast-iron, dont try it ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X