Paging PiLOTLiTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging PiLOTLiTE

I've seen the SS hood and spoiler on your car and really like them. I was just wondering how much $$ I would be looking at to get these, have them painted and installed.

Thanks in advance..
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Well, the way I did it wasn't exactly the cheapest way. I wanted OEM parts so they would fit perfectly and have the functionality and durability of factory parts. My local dealer graciously matched GMpartsdirect.com's prices, something that I had to lobby quite a bit for. The hood from GM is $1837, the spoiler is $1078. Thats almost 3 grand for just the parts! I paid about $1100 for the hood and a little over $600 for the spoiler. Paint and install was ~$500, again, a dealer price. Since my paint was relatively new and well taken care of, I didn't need to repaint my decklid, bumpers, or front fenders to match the new paint. Since you have a 2002, I would imagine your case would be the same.

Grand total, about $2200. But like I said, I wanted it perfect. You can get a replica SS hood and spoiler for much less from many companies. And a good body shop will probably charge you less for paint and install.

As for the look, I love it. I've never seen another V6 like mine and people always tell me "that's a bad-*** six!" Hope that helps. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Pilot, I'm sorry but you got ripped off....
      I'd never pay that much for a hood and spoiler!
      <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

For some reason people want "Factory", even though you cant tell the differance between them and reproductions from other companys.Camarorulz you can get a ss spoiler for about $215 on ebay, and a hood for around $375, then you can get them both painted for about $500
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] you paid a lot, but it looks real nice! Anyway, the reason I was asking is cause my car got keyed (or hit, I'm not sure) in a grocery store parking lot and I have to get the hood fixed and repainted. I figured I might as well buy a hood and have them paint it. Thanks for your response. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The Sandman:
            Pilot, I'm sorry but you got ripped off....
            I'd never pay that much for a hood and spoiler!
            <hr></blockquote>

I wouldn't say ripped off. I knew about the cheaper reproduction hoods and spoilers that cost a hell of a lot less, but I wanted the factory stuff. Simple as that. I've have personally seen two replica SS and one replica WS6 hood installed on cars of people I know and not one of them fit properly no matter what the body shops did, and one guy even had his hood put on by the dealer. Still didn't fit right. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to deal with that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X