I've done a lot while I was gone, pics of new paint job etc... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've done a lot while I was gone, pics of new paint job etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've done a lot while I was gone, pics of new paint job etc...

hey guys, i've been away for quite some time now, and I been waiting to unvail my car, I haven't got to do a photo shoot with it yet where it is all cleaned up, I haven't even got to wax it yet. However, i'm pretty excited about it so I have to show it now, lol. I've spent 2 weeks painting it. Originally I was going to paint it electron blue, but made a last minute decision to paint it sonic blue. I thought sonic blue was a little more deeper and it is a pearl so it looks different in sunlight and overcast situations. You'll see in the pics. I also put on a SS spoiler I had sitting for like 6 months now. I love how the car turned out. It's a one of a kind color, I kinda mixed it a little differently. In the sunlight it looks very close to electron blue, and under overcast it looks kinda like quasar blue. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it so far. I still have to get new tires on and my windows tinted this week but please tell me what you think of it so far.

Pics are at my cardomain site at
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/zennx

also if you goto page 4 you can see the whole painting process we went though. Yes I painted it myself by the way and did all the work on the car.

very nice... not my favorite color but it is still an eye-opener!

taking any customers? :D

Comment

Very nice!
      New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

Wow man, that looks pretty awesome!

How many hours did you put into it total? I'm getting ready to have my car painted in a few weeks. Do you have any pointers of prep I can do myself to save some cash? (stuff that can easily be done without a pro doing it, like sanding or anything?) I'd like mine to turn out nicely like that also. That pearl looks awesome, maybe I should do something like that. Congrats on the new paint!
        AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

Your car looks nice, that's a badazz color. keep it up
          -99 pewter camaro M5-<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/bster99maro\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/bster99maro</a>

Comment

awesome car i like the color
            1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

looks nice. did you do it right or do you have a red engine bay and everything?
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I really appreciate it after all the hard work I put into it.

Blldogg - The engine bay isn't red but it isn't blue either, I blackened it out afterwards. Other than that, everything is blue.

AlienInv8er - Even though I do it for my job, it's different when you got more guys helping you. This will probably be the only car i'll ever paint myself, it is so much work i'd never want to do it again, lol. I spent a little over 2 weeks doing it, keep in mind I was working regular work days, then worked the rest of the night on it so i'd estimate 40 hours in week nights, and another 40 over the weekends because I worked non stop from dusk til dawn on it. So estimating about 80 hours. I don't know how much money you'd save by prepping it yourself, but that is the hardest part or the car. Especially if you need any bodywork. You could get to wetsanding some of the parts on it to knock off some time. Just keep in mind that you can't waste a lot of time trying to get every chip you see out. My whole front end was so bad with chips, but I didn't have time to get each and every one out.

Thanks again guys, I will put up some more pics in the next week or so when it's nice and sunny out, and I get my tint done and new tires and stuff. I also might switch the wheels over to some TT2s.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X