Securing Blackouts to car to Prevent Theft - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securing Blackouts to car to Prevent Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing Blackouts to car to Prevent Theft

Any recommended ways of doing this? I dont want my new blackouts to be stolen by some low-life idiot who wants a 10-sec adrenelyn attack..

Has anyone bolted their blackouts at the bottom in place with tiny black screws before?

I am worried about theft of mine too. Right now my right one is glued on (mainly because of an improper fit but at least it will be a lot harder to steal) I think I might go ahead and glue the second one on. I just put a bit of some hardcore glue on the tabs and let it dry overnight.
    97\' Silver Firebird T-Top M5<br />Edelbrock Catback

Comment

I use to have some and i warmed up the clips on covers and while they were soft and flexible i put the blackouts on and pushed the clips down. once they harden back up its really hard to get them off, I had to melt mine to get them off again.
      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Plastic Zip Ties. I put mine in place, then marked the covers so I would know how far to go over, then drilled holes in them beyond those marks. I put the covers back in place and then secured them with zip ties. They also help hold them in the propper position. It's good enough for me. Of course that's for a 99, but it might give you an idea.

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: silvachris1 ]</p>
        ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          3 days ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X