Targa Tops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Targa Tops?

would it be possible, and how hard would it be to convert a coupe firebird to a targa top? its something ive been tempted to do for quite some time but i dont know of what would be needed to do so?
    if anyone has any ideas on the price/required parts id appreciate it, im thinking of doing it just so ill have something different
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Well, you'd have to get the underbody supports like the convertables have, and some other structural support. It has been done by a guy over on camaroz28.com....but this will make your car heavier, you know that right?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

Comment

my car is already slow, so im not worried about being slower [img]smile.gif[/img]
      i just want my car to have something that is semi-individualistic, not everyone has a targa on a fbody, i would probably end up getting weld on double diamond sfcs if i did it to reinforce the chassis of the car...
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

You would first have to start the conversion of the hardtop to the t-top by removing the fiberglass top and the side-beams above the windows on each side and form the gutters.

Then you would have to do what one guy from CZ28 did and cut the center beam out and fabricate a custom drainage system and fabricate a custom 1-piece top to latch into the factory t-top latches on each side.

It has been done and looks VERY cool, but it's not something I"d attempt with my limited access to tools and my need to use the car as a daily driver.

-Mike
        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Kewl Idea! I like it!!
          Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

http://community.webshots.com/album/39613537IsXsoN

Comment

Domestic Violence that is the first pics I ever saw of this. Looked cool! What happend to the car? Looks like it got hit?
              Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X