Is the paint wearing off your aluminum rims? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the paint wearing off your aluminum rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the paint wearing off your aluminum rims?

I have the standard '98-02 rims and the paint looks like it's wearing off in places..has anyone had their rims repainted? Is this even a clearcoat paint job I have on my rims. I want to know how to get them looking new again...maybe there's a good spray paint out there?
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

yeah, on my front two the clear coat is comming off. ima just use them for winter tires and get some nice chromies for summer :D idk about making them look new... is it even worth it/
    99 WS6
    13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
    tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Hmm, well I don't exactly have the $$ for some new chromies, so anyone have any ideas for me?
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

take em to some place thatll sandblast em and repaint em. sounds like a good idea to me and it cant cost more than like 200$
        help me build the ultimate sleeper soon ill have a lot more mods than i can list and watch out for the spikes. 02 firebird

Comment

I could get new rims off of ebay for $200.

Comment

spray em with clear spraypaint and sand em, it might work... then wax em lol
            Mystic Teal Metallic
            ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

how much is peeling? i just touched up my old salad shooters with a bottle of silver metalic touch up we had for my dad's old ford. you can barely notice they were chipping. it didnt matter much to me anyway, they just sit in the basement.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

That's an idea, they aren't worn very bad so it might work. Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                  Good to see the site is back up
                  by 2.8 Bird
                  So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                  4 hours ago
                • FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X