IMO best appearance mod for your money.....clay - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMO best appearance mod for your money.....clay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO best appearance mod for your money.....clay

well it all started when someone hit my mom's town and country minivan, and left some big red streaks. so i told her that all you guys had been talking about using a clay bar to take the paint off, so i sent her to autozone, and the guy suggested meguiar's quick clay. she used it on her van, and it took all the red right off, so i have a little somethin on the nose of my bird, so i decided to try it. well i sprayedd the lubricant on, made about to passes with they clay bar, and the paint mark is gone!! wow!!!! so then i was like well lets see what this does to a reagular section on the car. so i went back to the spoiler sprayed the lubricant on and made about 10 passes in a 5x6 inch area, and i was amazed, it made the section look like new!! i am definately doing the whole car this weekend!! i love clay!!!
    2000 firebird w68, a4<br />100% stock, but not for long

If you plan on clay blocking your entire car this weekend, just make sure you allow plenty of time so you do not have to rush through the process. Before using the clay, it is a good idea to give your car a good wash. After drying, go ahead and start with the clay, doing small sections at a time. I usually end up washing the car again after i am done with the clay. Then i dry the entire car once again and i follow it up with a nice coat of wax. You will probably even take notice to how the wax goes on and comes off much easier. This is because you removed the grime and grit build up on your paint with the clay.

Good luck, and most importantly... have fun with it!
    2000 Monterey Maroon Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.8L V-6/4spd Auto

Comment

^^ good tips.

normally i get lazy and just clean then clay and thats it.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

quick questions:

i just waxed last weekend, will the clay take my wax off?
        how many days between claying will it take for me to see a noticable difference after i clay(a couple weeks, a month)?
        2000 firebird w68, a4<br />100% stock, but not for long

Comment

it will take the wax off
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X