Rear tint job question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear tint job question

I just got the rear window tinted for $90 and at the top of the window, where all the little black dots are at, each dot is silver. i m kina mad it looks bad. i want to get him to re-do it but anyone else have this problem?
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

yes, everyone whose got it tinted has the problem with the dot martix. its not coming off, its stuck on there good. it just looks kind of wavy and semi bubbly i know what you mean, what i had them do, is just cut it along the dot matrix:

they wont ever be able to make it look like the way you want it if he re-does it for you (im prety sure at least from what ive researched/heard)

i hope this helps!
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

thanks man, did they re-do ur for free? And i see you have that little silver line along the outside of the window too, i wish it didnt do that crap.
      Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

they all do this mine done the same thing. it sucks i dunno if i want to cut mine off along the line or not b/c mine isnt that bad but they told me all of them done it and i believe them b/c i havent seen one that doesnt do it

Comment

oh, well thats news to me.

anyways, yea i told them they didnt like it, and they suggested they could cut it so i said go for it. and i like it that way a lot better.
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I just had my windows tinted yesterday and the guy told me before he did the tint that the rear window would have this same problem. He told me that he usually puts black vinyl in that whole section where the dot matrix is and it looks nice. I haven't done mine yet because it doesn't look that bad but he told me I can come back anytime and he'll do it for me.
            I thought I would let you guys know this, maybe you can do the same thing or at least ask around.
            2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

Eh I had the same problem too, the guy who did mine told me to keep running my finger or like a credit card accross them and that will help it. I did it for a little bit when I first got it back and the silver part is about half way up, but I think it's hard to notice so I'm not too upset.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615442\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615442</a> <br />_ _ _ ______________________ _ _ _ <br />AIM-Samg5505

Comment

tape off the inside of the window and paint it all black.... in idea if its that much of a bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Georghino:
                  I just had my windows tinted yesterday and the guy told me before he did the tint that the rear window would have this same problem. He told me that he usually puts black vinyl in that whole section where the dot matrix is and it looks nice...
                  exactly, thats what they guy did with mine, it looks great
                  *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X