Converting camaro gauges to firebird gauges? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting camaro gauges to firebird gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting camaro gauges to firebird gauges?

I like the orange of the firebird gauges (it reminds me of BMW's and what not). Anyways, is there a way to do this or mimic it somehow?
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

you dont have to covert the gauges all you have to do is change the bulbs. i have for the 97+ theres 5 194-style bulbs in the cluster for the tach speedo oil voltage fuel and temp. 3 are for the tach and speedo and 2 are for the rest(one on each side). i made my speedo and tach that super white/blue color. then the rest of the gauges red. you can get the bulbs at like walmart for like 2 bucks. i wouldnt paint the bulbs though cause there no where near as bright. if you want you can order the ones that have the color glass from like jegs or somewhere. the ones at walmart are like a paint but there still good and bright.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

So I can just get orange 5 orange bulbs and replace the stock ones? Do you have pics of your gauges?

edit: Oh ok, now I remember doing a search about taking your auge cluster out and changing the bulbs. Well, I broke my dash pad trying to install indiglos so I don't think I'll be doing this mod. Thanks though

[ October 17, 2004, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: eDoog ]
      \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

they are "red bulbs" and they actaully end up turning pink over time....... may people have done it on this board, do a search

Comment

firebird&gt;camaro
          I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

orange actually they are red in pontiac.the dodge avenger I have its orange

Comment

Originally posted by Snuffalofogus:
              firebird&gt;camaro
              I know... :(
              Oh well, I don't think it's worth the hassle-hoff.

Comment

Originally posted by eDoog:
                I know... :(
                Oh well, I don't think it's worth the hassle-hoff.
                Bwahahahahaha!
                Good one.
                Think i've used that phrase a couple of times myself.
                Brilliant!
                96 Teal Firebird<br />Colchester, Essex, UK<br /><a href=\"http://www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\">www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X