question: waterspots, out damn spots out! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question: waterspots, out damn spots out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question: waterspots, out damn spots out!

Alright... I gotta ask, and trust me I've researched/searched/read this forum and much more on water spots, why the hell do they appear so easily on my firebird?

Is it because it's dark green? Just this week, some light rain took place and now my car looks sick... as in she threw up on herself. The rear built-in spoiler is especially bad. It's so disgusting... and I've been fighting it forever.

I currently have Meguiar's gold class on there, but it's been two months (one and half in garage though). I mean, I take a look at other people's cars, such as my friend's camry and trucks and my mom's 1996 white Dodge Caravan, and waterspots aren't that visible if any. I mean, my friend's black camry was out in the rain and it's okay. Dirty as hell but it doesn't have huge spots all over it. No kiddin', it seriously looks like my car has the measles or something.

Believe it or not, I dread everytime it's going to rain. Because I know my car's gonna get ruined for sure. It's ridiculous... any inputs?

and again, I really spent so much time research this topic it's not even funny. So please don't post if all you're gonna say is search the forum... thanks in advance~
    \'96 dark green V6 Firebird<br />Y87 Performance package<br />front license plate with silver firebird insignia<br />alpine CD deck<br />T-top<br />Tinted windows @ 27%<br />low mileage (just broke 45000 not long ago!)<br /><br />waiting for first performance mod :)

Hey Man...I feel your pain. I have a black 99 Firebird.

Let me tell you what I do every day of every week it is out because I don't have a garage.

During spring/summer, the pollen here is horrible. A newly waxed car is green with pollen after sitting outside for five minutes. I use the california duster to get rid of this in between shinings and washings...it works wonders and I highly recommend it.

I wash the car every other day. Wash it in the shade, and make sure you do sections at a time and DRY it throughly. My hard spots are on the spoiler, the tailights (water seeps out two days after washing sometimes) and under headlights (pop ups). Dry it and you won't have any problems, but make sure you rinse the soap off.

I've used the Mr. Clean system. It worked AMAZING the first time...not a water spot on the car...the second time I used it, I ran out of soap, and got a half-*** job, so I got a lot of waterspots.

It rains all the time here, once or twice a week, and everyday around noon I go out and California dust the pollen off the car, and use my cleaner in between washes...mothers makes some, eagle one makes some, and theres one I enjoy called "Fast Wax". It's like washing your car, only you spray on, and buff out. Takes waterspots completely off.

As for rain...there isn't a damn thing you can do sadly, I've come to accept that, being the owner of a darker car, and you should too, but if you find any ways, let me know.

I recommend buying a Car cover like me if you don't have a garage. I will not drive a dirty Firebird, and this usually keeps the rain (if it rains overnight and stops) off my car, and requires minimal care to clean up in the mornings.

I hope this helped a little. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

i've found waterspots to be quite a problem with my black firebird as well. where i live, we have a sprinkler system which has very hard water and my dad has the garage and i have to park my car outside (he thinks just because he pays the bills and his car costed him 30k more than mine, he gets the garage. bunch of crap if you ask me [img]smile.gif[/img] )

the best thing i've found so far to do is just keep rags somewhere in your car, in the hatch or something, and every day before you go out, just dampen one and wipe down the car, section at a time, and follow with the dry one. or if you get up early, you can just use a dry one and wipe it off if there is still the morning dew/frost on it.
      1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X