window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window tint

I'm going to be putting subs in back pretty soon and i was thinking about tinting the back window. I have a few questions though.

1. Has anyone tried tinting their windows themselves? or what type of places did you guys go to?

2. I think it's illegal to have tint in the front/sides here...not sure though.. anyone know where i could look that up?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>2. I think it's illegal to have tint in the front/sides here...not sure though.. anyone know where i could look that up? <hr></blockquote>

http://gr8tint.com/laws.htm
    Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

Anyplace will do if you are going legal. However if you are getting subs in the back get at least 15% if not limo, so you cant see them.
      Factory:Camaro 5 speed, Color Pewter, w/ t-tops and Y87 package. <br />Engine: K&N filter w/ Whisper Lid, FRA, Borla adjustable cat-back exhaust. Hurst w/ Short Stick<br />Interior:Oil temp. and Air/Fuel ratio gauges, System.<br />Exterior: Black outs front and back, 18 in. Lenso rims w/ Kumho Supra 275/35ZR18 tires, also limo tint on sides and back.<br />173.2rwhp-----200.5tq

Comment

Very hard to do the back window, especially if you want just one piece..

IMO take it to a professional..
        1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

i want to take it to a professional but i'm not sure where to go (I live in northern iowa, not a huge business for this type of stuff)... do car dealerships do them at all?

Comment

i would definitely recomend taking the car to PROFESSIONAL window tinters. sure tint at wal mart is like 8 bucks but i know people that tried to tint their own, looks like crap now. the back window on f-body's is especially hard to tint even for the tint shops because it is so frickin big. got mine all done 15% with a strip on the windshield for $110

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TrixTeR:
              i want to take it to a professional but i'm not sure where to go (I live in northern iowa, not a huge business for this type of stuff)... do car dealerships do them at all?<hr></blockquote>

I got my tinting done at the dealership I work at which is a Ford ( [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] ) dealership. I just went through their Aftermarket department and they did a really awesome job. I'm pretty sure if you take it to an Aftermarket department at a dealership they will do it. Try a Chevy dealership since they are used to doing tinting on Camaros. I got my back glass tinted 4% Limo for $80 bucks. Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]
              **\'96 Mystic Teal 3.8L Camaro**<br />Performance Mods: K&N Hi-Flow CAI<br />Appearance Mods: Chrome Factory 16X8 5 Star Wheels, Reflective Black Rear Decal Inserts, Tinting: 35% Sides/4% Limo Back, Removed Front License Plate (illegal, but looks too good)<br />Future Mods: Too many to name..

Comment

the person who had my firebird before me had 5% done in one piece on the rear it looks so AWESOME, but i can tsee $hit at night when i back up, need to resolve that, brighter bulbs maybe
                99 Firebird<br />purchased 12/28/02<br />w/ 13,0000 miles

Comment

alot of times car stereo shops also do tinting, at least in california they do.

i got back window one piece limo for 50 and 35% on the sides for 20 each.

oh and jennifer love hewitt got some windows tinted and a system installed there, her signed pic is on the wall with a little note to the store.

yum

:D

Comment

Yeah make sure you take it somewhere to get it done!!

We've all seen those "self-tinted" cars where it always looks like crap, plus the tint is all purple and stuff.

My car was already tinted by a pro when I got it, but I don't know where it was done.

Take it somewhere!
                    1997 Camaro 30th Anniversary...M5, chrome 16\" 5-stars Goodyear 245/50R16<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/issycamaroman\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/issycamaroman</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      3 days ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X