SS hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS hood?

Yeh I need your guys opinion. I was in a fender bender a while ago and my hood needs to be replaced. I was planning on replacing it with the regular factory hood, but a lot of my friends keep telling me to replace it with an SS hood or another aftermarket one. I dont like making sumthing look like sumthing else. I need to kno the opinion of my fellow v6ers.
    96\' Camaro RS<br />Stock

Did you just ask that? A different hood is always better than the stock one, I wonder if anyone is gonna say otherwise? If you can afford the $400 price difference then go for it.
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

i think an SS hood is ok.. but not too original.

try some other hoods there are plenty for us!

Comment

The SS hoods are great. I love em! I also like a few other hoods. It depends on what you think looks better. I really don't like those crowl hoods but thats just me. So over all don't got back to stock. Get a aftermarket hood!
        Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

OF course an SS hood would look good man. Its 100% ok to do it .. just dont add SS badges and you're all good =D. I would personally get a COWL hood. I think they look mean as hell ..
          2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

ultra z hood...best one for a z
            98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

i agree the hoods for the camaros are nice and add a mean more agressive look to the car. and yes like jvc said the only way u could go wrong is putting some [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] stickers on it
              2000 Firebird 3.8 stick,25%tint, exhaust, chrome Z28 rims wraped with Pirelli Super Sport 245/50 ZR16\'s, JL15ws3 sub powered by a 1400W BOSS RIP-695 amp, free ram air mod, raised airbox

Comment

yeh, I hate false stickers...lol i try to tell that to all the ricers at my school who put type R, NOS, and a million other stickers that are a complete lie.

Comment

YEA i DID THE SAME THING TO MY HOOD AND i SWAPRD IT FOR THE SS HOOD. I REALLY LIKE THE WAY IT MAHES THE CAR LOOK ESPECIALY WITH THE WINGSWEST BODY KIT AND SPOILER.
                  Powerdyne 98 a4 convert<br /><br /> stock 16.6 @ 86 <br /> <br /> 6 lbs boost 15.1 @ 90 <br /> <br /> 04 A4 2.73 geared white Corvette Coupe<br /> <br /> stock- 13.5 @ 103 <br /><br />LS6 conversion-13.1 @ 107 <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98</a> ( pics of intercooled powerdyne)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98GREENGLOW:
                    YEA i DID THE SAME THING TO MY HOOD AND i SWAPRD IT FOR THE SS HOOD. I REALLY LIKE THE WAY IT MAHES THE CAR LOOK ESPECIALY WITH THE WINGSWEST BODY KIT AND SPOILER.<hr></blockquote>

Wow, you talk loud, hit the button that says caps lock, you can do it [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

oh yeah get an SS hood. i plan to next month.
                      6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

i say go with the SS hood! its definitely one of my favorites!

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Check out my car =)

I love my SS hood.

Comment

Yeh, looks like i will be going with an aftermarket hood.....thanx guys!

Comment

i am getting mine off a wrecked 2002. it is going to cost me $800, but at least i know it will line up perfectly with the car. and it is already painted black. i have a friend who had a suncoast creations and it didnt line up 100% to the car. you couldnt tell unless you really looked at it, but you know how we are- we see and feel everything. good luck to ya.
                              6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X