Door Hole Cover Up---Help Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Hole Cover Up---Help Please!!!

Some !$!^!@^&%& broke into my car recently by cutting into my passenger door underneath the lock. The cut is about 3" - 4" tall and about 1/2" wide, beginning at the bottom of the lock and going downward. For the moment, I have some waterproof white medical tape covering it (yes, my car is white) but i really need to do something else. Do you guys know of any decals or stickers that would look good in that position and cover this up or should I just go get it professionally repaired. Eventually I will have it repaired, but I don't really have the money to do so right now. Any ideas on how much it would cost for the repair and paint? Please Help! Thanks
    ArcticWhite 98 3.8L t-tops! 5 spd.<br />Billet Grille<br />17\" y2k vette rims<br />Kuhmo 755\'s<br />Dual Flowmaster<br />Killer Sound System

Go to a body shop and get it fixed. You dont want water leaking in there. I have no idea how much it would cost though but shop around the local body shops in your area.

-Michelle
    2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

man that really sucks. do you not have insurance that will cover it? i'm sure it's not cheap.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Best bet might just be to just have a body shop put on an entire new door skin.
        1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

you can't really just replace a skin. the doors are made of Composite fiber glass. you have to get a whole new door. they can be pulled apart but you have to poxy them together and it;s a b**ch because they don't stay together. Just letting you know. The doors are not that bad for price or you could go to a Junk yard and find a used one. thats the cheapest way to go. hope that helps [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Custom Ram Air, High flow cat, Dynomax cat back exhaust, high flow air box. More to come. hopefully Cam:D

Comment

check some online fbody junkyards or ebay or something, maybe you can find one the same color for cheap

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camaro_Guy00:
              you can't really just replace a skin. the doors are made of Composite fiber glass. you have to get a whole new door. they can be pulled apart but you have to poxy them together and it;s a b**ch because they don't stay together. Just letting you know. The doors are not that bad for price or you could go to a Junk yard and find a used one. thats the cheapest way to go. hope that helps [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Ok, cool. Lol, I wasn't real sure on the make up of these doors.
              1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Ive seen painted doors at junk yards from $100-$150. If that helps any
                Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. Guess i'll just stay on the look out for a used door for sale, but I'll have to live with it until then. :mad:
                  ArcticWhite 98 3.8L t-tops! 5 spd.<br />Billet Grille<br />17\" y2k vette rims<br />Kuhmo 755\'s<br />Dual Flowmaster<br />Killer Sound System

Comment

I had that happen to my 94 camaro I used to have. Yes you can get new door skins. Get to a good body shop and get it fixed properly. If not you will get water inside your door, and it can lay there and rot any metal parts in the door.

Best of luck, I hope that helps. ;)
                    Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X