What would this cost to have professionaly done? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would this cost to have professionaly done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would this cost to have professionaly done?

Of course ill get a lower price that what most of you might quote me due to the fact I know the guy who paints around here. But a rough idea would be cool.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

less than 20 bucks. I painted my own, as have most of us here. Why pay someone to do it, it is way too easy to do.

[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Jack ]</p>
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

its soooooo easy- just do it yourself- mine looks sic
      -Justin-<br />Red 1996 Camaro RS- Wrecked 11-1-03...<br /><br />1991 Camaro RS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98Bird:
        Of course ill get a lower price that what most of you might quote me due to the fact I know the guy who paints around here. But a rough idea would be cool.
        <hr></blockquote>

I think that's the first one of painted interior I've seen that actually looks good over tacky.

Sam
        AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

That interior is nice! Not too much painted or exotic color(s), but just enough to make it different.

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

I think it looks real nice. Its the only color I like on the interior that doesnt make me vomit. Ive seen yellow on here and red. ewwwww Blah!! [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

I am just trying to figure out if I really want to paint it that much. I like the dash and the stereo face plate and the console but I dont think I really need the door handles and window/lock buttons done.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

Comment

I would do it yourself too. Its easy. Whoever's that interior is it looks really great. I havent been able to get the door lock/window switches out to paint mine :( They dont appear to want to come out but somehow that person got theirs out.

-Michelle
              2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pewter2k Formula:
                I would do it yourself too. Its easy. Whoever's that interior is it looks really great. I havent been able to get the door lock/window switches out to paint mine :( They dont appear to want to come out but somehow that person got theirs out.

-Michelle
                <hr></blockquote>

It's really easy... as for the driver's side power mirror control in the back of the buttons, just need to take two flathead screw drivers and put them in on the inside of the black plastic casing, in between that and the actual module on both sides and then simply pull it out. Locks and windows just slip right out, just plug in sensors.

Hope that helps even if I know it was confusing.
                Sam
                AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pewter2k Formula:

-Michelle
                  <hr></blockquote>

I dont really care for painted interiors.. however the console piece you painted with the flames looks sweet! Very cool indeed Michelle [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  2002 Maple Red Firebird V6<br />3.73 w/ LSD | Pro-5.0 Shifter | Fan Switch | Tach w/ Shiftlite | Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauge | Bilstein Shocks & 1LE Springs | 1LE 32mm Bar & Poly Bushings, Poly Tranny Mount and Torque Arm Bushing | BMR LCA\'s | Catco 3\" Cat w/ Edlebrock 5509 Muffler, (all 3\") | Corbeau A4 Seats (Pair) |<p><a href=\"http://forums.fakeleg.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.fakeleg.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://cv6.fakeleg.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://cv6.fakeleg.com</a> - Part & Repair Manuals and write-ups.

Comment

Hey Michelle, should I use that filler primer like you used on your console? To give it a smoother feel and finish? I just dont want it to look like crap. Ive already done painted my cases on my computers *Into computers way to much* and it came out really nice its just hard to find a place where airborn particles and dust isnt real bad.

Whathca think?

Comment

i dunno, but im sure you can find that troll pretty cheap [img]tongue.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98Bird:
                        Hey Michelle, should I use that filler primer like you used on your console? To give it a smoother feel and finish? I just dont want it to look like crap. Ive already done painted my cases on my computers *Into computers way to much* and it came out really nice its just hard to find a place where airborn particles and dust isnt real bad.

Whathca think?
                        <hr></blockquote>

I would definetly use the primer filler. It will look alot better with it. And for some reason...don't know why but when I painted my whisper lid with just regular primer underneat it didnt look too "pewter". Then a friend told me to use Primer/Filler and it would make the paint look alot better and exactly like the pewter I deceided to do it. He was right! It was amazing how much better the paint looked with the primer/filler. I guess if the surface isnt flat the paint particles dont lie together so it gives it a different look...if that makes sense.

It really is amazing how much nice the primer filler does to a piece. It takes some time but it's well worth it. Its also less likely to scratch because you have a nice base of primer.

I am finishing up on the door to the console box..the middle glove box thing and you'd be amazed how smooth it is as stock it has a lot of texture to it. It took a lot of coats of primer to fill it but its smoooooooooooooooth as ice now :D I'll take a pic of it close so you can see the difference where it's "filled" and where it isnt since I didnt fill it underneath the edge.

Just remember you will probably need 4 cans of the primer/filler if you want to do all the pieces in that picture. Try to get the Duplicolor Primer/Filler if you can. It has a much nicer spray to it then other's I have used and goes on much better. Also get some 400-600 and 1000-1500 grit wet sandpaper for sanding in between you coats of primer.

You'll also want to lightly wet sand the pieces with the 1500 grit after you have about 5-7 coats of your color on because no matter what they'll always be some kind of dust that settles.

If you're worried about dust and such is there anyway you can do it in the garage?

Blazzin Joe Thanks for the compliments on my console :D

xjarayax Thanks for the help! I am going to give it a try this morning since I have the door panel out of the driver's side now and the switch is sitting on the diningroom table. Only questions is were you able to get the buttons out of the plastic piece?? I had gotten them unplugged before and we got the mirror thing out but the buttons are still in the plastic "frame" and its going to be hard to paint it like that :(

[ January 28, 2003: Message edited by: Pewter2k Formula ]</p>
                        2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

were can this primer filler stuff be purchased at. i donig my interior this week
                          97 Camaro RS<p>Big stall converter, Big fuel pump, Big cam and alot of nitrous

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jersey:
                            were can this primer filler stuff be purchased at. i donig my interior this week<hr></blockquote>

Wal-mart has the Duplicolor Primer/Filler as well as AutoZone and NAPA

Comment

I love that silver, I have a silver car and it is a very good idea I'm considering.

98Bird , where in IN do you live? Maybe we could chill? I live in Marion, south of FT Wayne and NE of Indy
                              RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X