Camaro running lights(DRL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro running lights(DRL)

I have a 99 Camaro and hate my daytime running lights. How can i get them to not come on without having E-brake on all the time. I have tryed to tap wires but i get nothing, please help me.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dans99:
    I have a 99 Camaro and hate my daytime running lights. How can i get them to not come on without having E-brake on all the time. I have tryed to tap wires but i get nothing, please help me.<hr></blockquote>

ahhhh, dont drive around with your e-brake on!!!
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Here's how to do it. Either lift the dash by the pulling on it to pop the clips or go through the radio. It's easier going thru the top disconnect the photoelectric eye harness from the sensor get a small piece of wire bend it like a U and place each end in the socket. (of course have the power off) place duct tape over the wire and harness and put everything back together. It's a lot better to be able to control the lights and I have not had any problems ever.
      Too many to list.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chantillis:
        Here's how to do it. Either lift the dash by the pulling on it to pop the clips or go through the radio. It's easier going thru the top disconnect the photoelectric eye harness from the sensor get a small piece of wire bend it like a U and place each end in the socket. (of course have the power off) place duct tape over the wire and harness and put everything back together. It's a lot better to be able to control the lights and I have not had any problems ever.<hr></blockquote>

Good advice but I think he is talking about daytime running lights, not automatic headlights.

Not too sure how would disable them. I'm sure there is a relay in there somewhere...Just try to get a wiring diagram and look for a 12V line going from headlights to ignition.

I don't have them, so I'm not much help, sorry
        1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

This site will show you how with pics.

!DRL
          2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

To disable automatic headlights popup(firebirds) which i hate alot, simply cut the yellow wire on the C1 connector(pics @!DRL)

Comment

Firebird's have automatated pop-up headlights?

Since when and on what models?
              Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

i had mine disconnected by the dealership on my car at work. they also disconnected the auto headlamps. now my e-brake light doesn't come on.

Comment

Originally posted by iGoRa:
                  To disable automatic headlights popup(firebirds) which i hate alot, simply cut the yellow wire on the C1 connector(pics @!DRL)
                  [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Comment

www.lightsout.org check them out ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                    05' CTS-V
                    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X