factory paint job sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory paint job sucks

WHAT to do? I have a 95 camaro, the color is a dark forest green. My paint job is going to hell on the wing and the rear hatch by the wing, this has been going on since about 5 months, and a place on my hood that surounds the black things that look like fake inlets to the engine, well that clearcoat is coming off too. The rest of the body is just fine. I dont have very much money, should i paint the rear hatch and wing and part of the hood or get the whole thing painted. IF anyone has had the same problems i would like to know what they did, or how they are dealing with it, any help is great.
    Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

1. Depends on the locale of your problems. If the area is isolated (like just the spoiler), then you might be able to get away with just a partial painting. As far as the hood, that is hard to say based upon your description.

2. As far as the title of this topic, I don't think 7+ years for a factory paint job is so bad. I'm guessing the car may have been baking in the Texas sun for all those years with no shade, no wax, etc. You get what you pay for. You want great paint, buy a brand new car or pay the price of getting a high quality re-paint.

The 4th gen factory paint is a big improvement on the 3rd gen (Van Nuys) F bodies. My 87 Firebird was looking somewhat worn after three or four years. And that was even with me "babying" it. I had it re-painted by the time it was five years old. [The 4th gen Van Nuys f bodies paint suffered because the government mandated that a WATER-based paint be used.]
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

How about 2 years? My paint job sucks! Black is friggin the crappiest color to take care of.. left my car outside once, sprinklers hit it..so did the sun.. and i took it to the body shop and they said they couldnt get it out without a repaint..grrr so madneeded to vent..
      2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

you couldn't just get the water spots out by washing it, claybarring, and waxing it?

usually if I get a water spot, I just wash the car and off they come.

probably a lot easier to notice on black paint than dark green tho.

Comment

My dad bought a 93' 6 banger when it first came out...that was quickly sold because of a new way of painting...turned out paint was coming off of the car in sheets...they recalled all the cars though...so I dunno why you havin so much problem...hmm..try a good cleaner wax...and make sure to keep your car waxed it will prevent some of this ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X