Clay Bar Question !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Bar Question !!!

I tried Mother's clay bar on one side of my car's rear bumper yesterday and it worked really nice but after a few passes the bar seem to get dirty really fast and then stops picking up stuff as good as when it was new. How doest this work? Am I supposed to remove (slice with a knife) the top layer of the bar every time it gets dirty.
    Thanks for any help.

p.s. And yes I washed my car twice before I started using the clay bar so my car was really clean.
    2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

after one side gets dirty you just mush it around.. mold it into your favorite cartoon character or something..then flatt'n the fugger out and rub some more.

just remember its good to put a good coat of wax on after claybar'n it. claybaring the car will expost the paint and clearcoat the all the harsh elements this world has to offer.

Good luck. Later
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

That's it?
      Well, thank you.
      2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

yep, just fold and go.

don't keep using the same bar forever though.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Tear the big bar into 4 pieces before first use. This way you can get 4 uses instead of two. I recommended this in another thread. When it gets dirty, just fold it as mentioned.
          -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            6 hours ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X