seen a commercial for this, think it'll work? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seen a commercial for this, think it'll work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seen a commercial for this, think it'll work?

my rims are a pain to keep clean
    I seen an ad for this on tv the other day and am kinda curious if it works good
    http://www.flitz.com/
    if anyone has it, how is it?
    and if not, think it works like they advertise?
    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

it won't let me direct link the page I want
    but this is what I was talking about

http://www.flitz.com/images/PB100lge.jpg

POLISHING & BUFFING BALL
    The Flitz Polishing and Buffing Ball is a Revolutionary new way to Buff and Polish ALL Painted Surfaces, Metals, Fiberglass®, Plastics, Eisenglass®, Plexiglas®, Aluminum Running Boards, Mag Wheels, Railings, Motorcycles, Antiques, Furniture, Awnings, Shower Enclosures and Patio Furniture. Also works exceptionally well in Industrial Polishing and Buffing jobs on Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Brass and Much More (Drill not included).

Safely and Easily Buffs out: Scuff Marks, Light Scratches, Oxidation, Chalking, Tarnish, Pitting and Corrosion. Original Design made with Soft Italian Viscose Fiber. Buffs Hard-to-Reach Areas in Seconds. Fits all Drills, Air Tools, Drill Presses and Bench Grinders. Great for Textured and Smooth Surfaces. Can be Machine Washed and Reused up to 30 Times. Use Indoors or Outdoors. Will not Shed Lint.
    millionformarriage.org

Comment

I can't imagine why it wouldnt work on your wheels. I'd be hesitant to use it on my paint just in case I slipped a hair and ate my paint with the drill itself. But it looks just like a microfiber towel cut into strips on a ball, would probably be great for cleaning up your wheels.
      AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

Flitz is just ok. I'm not really impressed with it. I'd go with Blue Magic. I've used it by hand and with a buffer to take out some serious stains in my Weld Draglites.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

hmmm, ok thanks shirl
          I'll check out blue magic

oh and btw I would NEVER take it to my paint lol thats just a little to ballsy for me
          millionformarriage.org

Comment

This doesn't have anything to do with the wheels, but Blue Magic Convertible Top Cleaner sure doesn't take any stains out.
            -Rick<br /><br />Bright White \'95 Firebird Convertible 3.4L A4 - Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back, Zexel Torsen Posi-traction, Black Checkered Stripes, Clear Corners, Misc. Appearance Mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2077741\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2077741</a> <br /><br />AIM ID: AxSlane

Comment

I doubt that thing will remove oxidation. Might be a nice quick way to clean rims though. LD, you might want to consider getting ceramic brake pads, that will cut down the amount of grime that gets on your rims considerably. I did this and I don't have to clean my rims half as much as I used to.
              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
                I doubt that thing will remove oxidation. Might be a nice quick way to clean rims though. LD, you might want to consider getting ceramic brake pads, that will cut down the amount of grime that gets on your rims considerably. I did this and I don't have to clean my rims half as much as I used to.
                yes, actually I have been looking at a set of Hawk pads and vette has some nice rotors that my cousin has on his ws6 that don't warp like these stock ones
                I think he spent $300ish all the way around for everything
                millionformarriage.org

Comment

We sell this thing, or one just like it at work. I think just a brush & soapy water is just as good.

Comment

lol ok
                    thanks for the info
                    millionformarriage.org

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      6 hours ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X