Pics of my New Gauges and Bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my New Gauges and Bezel

I picked up a set of White Faced indaglow gauages from a member of the boards a few weeks back.

I had a stainless steel bezel in there that I bought last summer on ebay. It was kinda neat but I wasn't crazy about it.

The Gauages only had wires long enough to mount the control box on the dash, below the steering column. I spliced the control wires so I could mount the control box in the center console, out of sight. I then put in a fused lead from the headlight switch out, behind the gauge cluster, behind the radio, under the center console to where I had mounted the control box.

With this bit of goofing around, the gauges work just like factory. They only light up if the headlight switch is on or if the Auto-Headlights turn on.

After I got the guages in, I decided I didn't like how the stainless bezel looked on them, and I thought they were *too* white by themselves. I decided to take my bezel, rough it up a bit and paint it gloss black. I then install the whole sha-bang, and here are my results!

Let me know what you guys and girls think!
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

I like the gauges lit up but the white face gauges are to big, some of the numbers are partly covered by the bezel. They need to make the numbers smaller or cut the bezel to fit the gauges better
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Ive never liked those bezels. The white face looks cool, but that bezel just seems very off.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

OO man I like it alot, was it hard to put in the new gauges, becuase I was thinking about doing it too.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615442\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615442</a> <br />_ _ _ ______________________ _ _ _ <br />AIM-Samg5505

Comment

i like it lit up too but otherwise....not really which sucks cause i have some white faces gauges(not the same as yours) that need to be put on. :(
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Why dont you take the Firebird/Trans Am Gauge Brezel ?

;)
            <i><b><br />1995 Convertible - - JUICED <br />There´s a difference between living and being alive - <a href=\"http://members.inode.at/christian.pichler\" target=\"_blank\">www.CLC1.de</a></b></i>

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
              i like it lit up too but otherwise....not really which sucks cause i have some white faces gauges(not the same as yours) that need to be put on. :(
              See, I think I like the white face better then having them lit up. *Shrugs* I think I like the contrast between the white and the black.

Originally posted by Dead Body:
              Why dont you take the Firebird/Trans Am Gauge Brezel ?
              Thats kind of the look I was going for when I painted the bezel black. I just don't have access to a firebird one at the moment, I'm pretty happy with how this one looks, but I might try to track down a firebird one.
              1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                2 days ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X