Calling those that have used VHT paint - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling those that have used VHT paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling those that have used VHT paint

did you sand your light housing? i did my third brake light and side markers awhile back and it is coming off now. i didnt do the best job but im just wondering if maybe i sanded it alittle, it would help. also, would the sanding destort the light coming threw?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

you will need to sand it to get the paint to adhere correctly.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

hmmm well no i didnt sand it, its been lasting fine so far, no complaints, i clearcoated mine as well. that will help
      *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

yeah, i clear coated it. im just going to lightly sand it this time and take my time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I got it on great on my rear lights, but my thrid brake light came out a little dull on the upper part of it for some reason. I have yet to put a clearcoat on it. I also bought some silverstars to make my blinkers more visible during the day.
          As far as sanding or not, I didn't all I did was clean it numerous times with a degreaser and window cleaner like the instructions said.
          I put it on two weeks ago, and don't have any problems with it yet.
          <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/stupidfock\" target=\"_blank\"> 1996 <b>5spd</b> Silver Camaro</a><br />- Removed airbox, replaced with performance filter.

Comment

well thats two weeks ago. mine lasted months

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              6 hours ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X